Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:46 PM

Default Have to vent..sorry

So today went really good, I got a different job offer and was in an upbeat mood. I heard from my LOs friend and my baby is doing good so that was good to hear. I decided to run to the store to pick up some Halloween cards for the swap and while there I was seeing all the couples together and it made me very resentful, I wanted my baby there too. So needless to say I'm crying once again feeling like poop..I did get my cards for the Halloween swap so I'll be doing them tonight..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 11:15 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMindi View Post
So today went really good, I got a different job offer and was in an upbeat mood. I heard from my LOs friend and my baby is doing good so that was good to hear. I decided to run to the store to pick up some Halloween cards for the swap and while there I was seeing all the couples together and it made me very resentful, I wanted my baby there too. So needless to say I'm crying once again feeling like poop..I did get my cards for the Halloween swap so I'll be doing them tonight..
Awww I’m sorry! When mine had gone away, it was 2.5 weeks before Valentine’s Day. I remembered walking through the store with him and seeing Valentine’s Day stuff and was getting excited because it would’ve been our first one together. Well I was wrong, needless to say. That was really hard and there were so many times when I’d see couples or where people would talk about their plan with their significant others and it was tough to listen to. I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this. As time goes on, you’ll get more used to it, but the feeling never completely goes away. Take it one day at a time. Today you might be feeling like poop but tomorrow is a brand new day

Oh and don’t apologize for venting. It’s healthy to talk about your feelings no matter how “crazy” you may think you are.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!

Last edited by blah8705; 10-20-2017 at 11:18 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
AngelMindi (10-21-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 11:26 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts

Almost forgot to say congrats on the job offer btw! That’ll help keep your mind off things while you’re busy learning new things.

I saw that your man will be home late next year or early 2019. You’re gonna hate me for saying this, but it’ll be here faster than you think. One day, this will all be a memory and when he comes home, it’ll feel like he never left. I can almost promise you. My fiancé was gone for 5 years, and sometimes it feels like prison never happened...aside from his sexy ankle monitor bracelet and his awesome parole rules which brings me back to reality. I feel like the last few years were a blur honestly and I remember the days that felt like they’d never end. Some days will feel longer than others, but just remember each day is only 24 hours. One day you guys will be the couple walking around the store looking at Halloween cards, walking hand in hand, and being all lovey-dovey. Just remember that, that day will come!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-21-2017), AngelMindi (10-21-2017), Guccigrl (10-21-2017), maytayah (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,428 Times in 2,927 Posts

I think most of us in prison relationships can identify with this ,you are definately not alone. I remember when I was MWI watching couples at Valentines day events , Christmas etc all happy and holding hands and I was always alone it was heart breaking.

However for you it is temporary and he will be home and you will get to do all the couple things you are missing out on right now.

Make the most of this time to spend with family and friends and enjoy your new job. This time is temporary so enjoy what you can and it will be over.
I know a lot of people will appreciate what you are doing with the cards swaps that will bring a smile to the faces of a lot of people.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-21-2017), AngelMindi (10-21-2017), Kimimi (10-21-2017)