Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in West Virginia should be posted here.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Default Early discharge with program "Walk off Your Sentence"?

I was told there is something called Walk off your sentence in wv and it can take up to 8 months off the sentence. Does anyone know about it. I googled it but found nothing. My friend has 2yr n 8 months left. I personally don't think he should rush it because he wants to get to work release which is fine but he is a addict and large sums of money is one of his triggers and when he got paroled from work release in july 2014 he had 5000 and went crazy and 48 days later he went back. I asked him today if he was ready to change his habits and he said he didn't know. That means he hasn't change anything he is just doing time and going to get out and get hi again. His "girlfriend" is the same person he was getting hi with those 48 days. I love him but I am just about done. But I told him I would search it for him and ask

Last edited by Mammie26101; 04-11-2015 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2015, 10:10 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,052 Times in 16,612 Posts

Is this an in-prison program? In Ky, Walking off Your Sentence is parole. That's because offenders on parole continue to get Good Time (7 days a month) and Work Credit (1 day for every 40 hours worked). So offenders really do walk off their sentence on the street after making parole.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-12-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Is this an in-prison program? In Ky, Walking off Your Sentence is parole. That's because offenders on parole continue to get Good Time (7 days a month) and Work Credit (1 day for every 40 hours worked). So offenders really do walk off their sentence on the street after making parole.
what about wv i mean he has made parole thre times and keeps going back he has 2 years and 8 months til he kills it. That is what he will most likely do. Just thought there might be something to reduce him req time without parole.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,052 Times in 16,612 Posts

There may be ways to get Good Time such as taking programs/classes and working, but I'm not familiar with WV's policies and I didn't see that specific program listed on WV's DOC webpage:

http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/

patchouli, PTO Admin