Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 11-26-2018, 09:42 AM

Default Sentenced to 1 year residential treatment

The judge stated he understands if some of this is completed in outpatient but on paper it says 1 year inpatient. How can I go about doing some of this in sober living or outpatient and what do I have to do? Go to court? What are the chances it will happen? I have been in 3 months now. This is currently a part of my probation and I no longer have to reappear in court (criminal Court).

Last edited by agioro; 11-26-2018 at 09:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2018, 12:32 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agioro View Post
The judge stated he understands if some of this is completed in outpatient but on paper it says 1 year inpatient. How can I go about doing some of this in sober living or outpatient and what do I have to do? Go to court? What are the chances it will happen? I have been in 3 months now. This is currently a part of my probation and I no longer have to reappear in court (criminal Court).
You will need to due at least a 30day or more live in program that the court accepts. Then after the 30 day program you will need to due a residential sober living program then finish up with outpatient treatment If you are still on probation after release? Talk with probation on what are acceptable programs
agioro (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
You will need to due at least a 30day or more live in program that the court accepts. Then after the 30 day program you will need to due a residential sober living program then finish up with outpatient treatment If you are still on probation after release? Talk with probation on what are acceptable programs
Hi Patrick thanks for the response.

So I talked to my temporary (intake) PO and she said since it states 1 year inpatient on paper, that I might have to go back to court (to get my sentence modified?) Or I am wondering is this something that my PO can handle on their own? I have been here for 100 days now inpatient.

I am trying to get in contact with my permanent PO if I have one yet.

My counselor at the program has said that I shouldn't have to go back to court so I am getting conflicting answers

Last edited by agioro; 11-26-2018 at 02:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to agioro For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (11-26-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agioro View Post
Hi Patrick thanks for the response.

So I talked to my temporary (intake) PO and she said since it states 1 year inpatient on paper, that I might have to go back to court (to get my sentence modified?) Or I am wondering is this something that my PO can handle on their own? I have been here for 100 days now inpatient.

I am trying to get in contact with my permanent PO if I have one yet.

My counselor at the program has said that I shouldn't have to go back to court so I am getting conflicting answers

They may follow the abstract of judgement, since that is the court order.
You may want to seek clarification from the judge. What they say and what is the legal record is sometimes two different things.
First use you assigned P.O to assist you if you need to return to court. If you get no results using that avenue then set your own date in court. Then explain your concerns
agioro (11-26-2018), sidewalker (11-27-2018)
Old 01-06-2019, 07:59 PM

So the program is working on transitioning me to their outpatient program. What if I leave here based on their recommendation/a good letter and go to their outpatient or sober living myself... Do you think I can be found in violation of probation? I have no more scheduled court dates and am finding it hard to go back to court from here (and paying my attorney again).

Last edited by agioro; 01-06-2019 at 08:05 PM..