Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Tennessee should be posted here.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:42 PM

Unhappy What is an IPO? How long until Home Plan approved?

My question is what is a IPO they have my husbands waiver form working question is homeplan okay but was waiting on waiver to be approved anyone help me as to how long a wait that can be and is there anything I can do from the outside ..... thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2018, 06:44 PM

Sorry he at the Penal farm
The Following User Says Thank You to Kymluvme For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 07:31 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,038 Times in 16,602 Posts

An IPPO is described below:

Quote:
Institutional Probation Parole Officers

The institutional probation parole officer (IPPO) acts as a liaison between the Department of Correction and the Board of Parole (BOP) for the purpose of ensuring that the information necessary for parole hearings is to BOP members and hearing officials. An IPPO assists in facilitation of parole hearings, may provide information about parole policies and procedures to institutional staff and offenders, coordinate the approval of release plans, monitor pre-parole condition completion and negotiate execution of parole, community supervision for life and determinate release certificates.
https://www.tn.gov/correction/cs/res...formation.html

I'm not so sure about the waiver....what is it for? Why does he need one? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Tennessee

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 PM

Thank you for replying he had a job when we went to parole board , but it fail through because the business license had expired ��anyway homeplan went well the P.O. came and and that was approved so he had to sign a job waiver that says he will get job when released within a certain amount of time, ok so Friday his counselor told him that ipo has waiver . So was wondering does it have to go all the way back to Nashville or is the ipo the last step ?
patchouli (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,038 Times in 16,602 Posts

I don't know the answer to that Surely it won't take too long, even if the waiver has to go back to Nashville. I know its an exciting time, so try to stay busy and until you hear something from your husband, just Breathe!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Thank you so much I appreciate the encouragement and kind words I’m just like everyone else anxious .... but my Husband said something so true God makes no mistakes timing is everything, so we will wait and pray , if I can help anyone durning there wait to me then it means it was all in the plan ! I’m in Memphis waiting been here since July 12 I got us a apartment and now just waiting I miss my kids and grandkids , I’m from Nashville .. but that’s what happens when you say I DO ! ❤️��Better or worse can’t wait for the Better
patchouli (08-27-2018)