Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in West Virginia should be posted here.

Old 10-22-2016, 05:40 PM

Default If anyone knows anything about WV parole and discharge dates, please read!!

So in June of 2012 my wife was arrested and eventually sentenced to a 1-10 for forgery.. She was incarcerated for 24 months (till June 2014) before being released on parole.. She was only out 3 months till September of 2014 before being violated.. She did not catch any new charges and was arrested the same day the warrant was issued.. She went back to jail and was incarcerated for another year before being released back on parole in September 2015.. So she had done 3 years total which she was given credit for and they gave her credit for her 3 months on parole also and was told her minimum discharge date was June 2017.. She was then on parole again for 10 more months till July 2016 before being violated again.. As far as we knew her parole time should of counted and she would still discharge next June 2017 but some how the director of the regional jail she is in is telling her that her date was moved back 5 months to November 2017.. She is still waiting on her official time sheet though.. But She has never lost good time and has not had any new charges during any of this.. It's like they are only counting 5 months of her last 10 months on parole.. Any idea why they would do that or is there any other reason that I don't know as to why her discharge date would be moved back 5 months!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2016, 06:07 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,039 Times in 16,603 Posts

I can't answer your questions with certainty, but I will say that sometimes the director of a regional jail (s/he's county, right?) doesn't know as much as one might think they should know when it comes to the DOC. JMHO When she gets her time sheet, if its wrong she should be able to appeal it.

I'm not in WVA and am not familiar with WVA policies/procedures, but I wouldn't worry about it until she gets her time sheet.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-23-2018, 06:03 AM

They do not have to give her any of her parole time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Holden239 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-23-2018)