Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:36 AM

Default Outside Hospital

Hiya does anyone know what outside hospital an inmate would go to in the Tallahassee area? The Inmate was at Jefferson so I am assuming it would be a hospital close to there. Thanks
Old 06-12-2019, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,714 Times in 3,036 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to ask this question. I don't know the exact hospital, but if you pull everything up on google maps, it should be the closest full hospital (not urgent care) to the prison.

You should be able to call the prison and ask them which hospital an inmate would be taken to. If the inmate in question is your loved one, you can ask to speak to the officer of the day to find out if/how you can visit him while he's in the hospital.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're having to ask this question. I don't know the exact hospital, but if you pull everything up on google maps, it should be the closest full hospital (not urgent care) to the prison.

You should be able to call the prison and ask them which hospital an inmate would be taken to. If the inmate in question is your loved one, you can ask to speak to the officer of the day to find out if/how you can visit him while he's in the hospital.
Thanks I called the Criminal House it's Jefferson and they won't tell me they say for security reasons and I've called every hospital within 30 miles and they all say they don't have a patient by his name it's so fustrating. Thank u though.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,891 Times in 12,640 Posts

I don't know how the Florida system operates, but the federal bop requires the hospital staff to lie to anyone who asks if one of their prisoners is a patient at that hospital, with or without a HIPAA release form on file, and regardless of the hospital's policy for other patients.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,243 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I don't know how the Florida system operates, but the federal bop requires the hospital staff to lie to anyone who asks if one of their prisoners is a patient at that hospital, with or without a HIPAA release form on file, and regardless of the hospital's policy for other patients.
FBOP is 100% about federal prisons and hospitals.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,714 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
In Oregon, inmates are entered into the hospital system using a code, not a name. For security reasons, they don't want people to be able to find the inmate based on their name.

The prison is the only way to get the information. Try the prison chaplain if you can't get anywhere with other channels.

Did he sign a HIPAA release form for you? If so, you can also try calling medical. They would be legally required to release information to you if he signed a HIPAA release for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suellengage View Post
Thanks I called the Criminal House it's Jefferson and they won't tell me they say for security reasons and I've called every hospital within 30 miles and they all say they don't have a patient by his name it's so fustrating. Thank u though.
they aren't going to.. they are covering their asses because of the HIPAA law.. also they aren't required to inform anyone unless its on his emergency contact list or medical POA unless its something major because of the risk of someone trying to help them escape. I was basically told unless my ex was damn near dead or unconscious and they needed me to sign forms and make decisions they wouldn't inform me because hes a grown man and he can take care of himself. and that it would be his responsibility to let me know when he returned to the prison. I asked this because my ex is diabetic and has some other issues and I was his medical POA and emergency contact.. and that was what I got from classification. I knew about HIPAA because I work in the healthcare field

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-13-2019), GingerM (06-14-2019)