Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 09-27-2019, 11:30 PM

Default Remanded from hwh because of a fight inside.

Hello
My son was in a federal hwh, while he was in prison he had no right ups , took his workshops or working he applied for hwh. He was there on 30th of July. While he was there he got a pass to straighten out child support, his dmv issues, and looking for work. He found work which was approved, each check he gave the hwh their % . Several days when at hwh some of his items disappeared. He didnt file a complaint. One day getting out of shower his towel disappeared. He asked another person about the towel. The other person was offended and had words with my son. The person punched my son in face then picked up a broom stick to strike my son. My son picked up a chair trying to defend himself. The COs came at that time to stop it. My son was remanded bk to the detention center, reason for his safety. The other person was with 6 other people when this occurred. The hwh supposedly made the other person to leave which he did. Now my son is awaiting a decision from the board. My son release date is in 7 months. I looked up his info. It looks like his gt was taken away. His release date was in March 2020, I checked again it went back to original date which is April 2020. Does he go before the board to explain his side? The co at the hwh said they gave him , my son a good report. All they say was for safety reason that he was removed.
Can you tell me what can happen. He was in the federal inst. Since 2016. Your response is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2019, 05:30 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,849 Times in 13,142 Posts

Since he is still "in bop custody" at the half way house, he can be returned to prison for almost any reason. The only way he can lose some good time is if he is given a serious conduct violation (shot), has a disciplinary hearing officer (DHO) hearing, and the DHO takes some good time as one of his punishments. There may be other options if he earned extra good time for completing the residential drug program. He could end up back at the HWH, but he will probably serve the remainder of his sentence in the detention center.