Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > Military Prison Talk & UCMJ
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Military Prison Talk & UCMJ This forum is dedicated to those who have a loved one in a military prison, or dealing with the military legal system (UCMJ).

Old 03-05-2019, 11:21 AM

Default Sending letters to naval brig in Chesapeake, VA: Need advice.

Does anyone have any info on sending letters the CORRECT way to the naval brig in Chesapeake, VA... whenever I called last night they said I didn't need his inmate i.d. when I called to verify the address to use they then said they weren't sure if I needed his i.d. .. I'm just really confused on how this whole thing works.. I'm not even sure I used the right address I saw someone on here say to use their PO BOX number but that was from 2012. When I asked last night they said to use the address that came up when I Google searched the facility. For some reason the internet wont let access the NAVCON brig site.. so I'm just really lost. Any help would be most grateful. He's in there for 8 months and I havent heard from him since Thursday which is when he got there.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,235 Times in 15,749 Posts

I don't know why "they" (BOP, DOC, UMCJ, etc) have to make everything so complicated and mysterious ....here is what their webpage says about sending inmate mail:

When addressing correspondence to someone in the brig, please address the envelope in the following manner:
Prisoner Name, Rank/Rate
PO Box 800
Chesapeake, VA 23322

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...isitation.aspx

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-05-2019, 04:57 PM

Default Mailing Letter's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbaybay1918 View Post
Does anyone have any info on sending letters the CORRECT way to the naval brig in Chesapeake, VA... whenever I called last night they said I didn't need his inmate i.d. when I called to verify the address to use they then said they weren't sure if I needed his i.d. .. I'm just really confused on how this whole thing works.. I'm not even sure I used the right address I saw someone on here say to use their PO BOX number but that was from 2012. When I asked last night they said to use the address that came up when I Google searched the facility. For some reason the internet wont let access the NAVCON brig site.. so I'm just really lost. Any help would be most grateful. He's in there for 8 months and I havent heard from him since Thursday which is when he got there.
Well when i mail letter's to my fiancee i have to have his name, his inmate number and the p.o. box. And i found out i could only use ball point pen after a month of writing to him with another pen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Panda70 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda70 View Post
Well when i mail letter's to my fiancee i have to have his name, his inmate number and the p.o. box. And i found out i could only use ball point pen after a month of writing to him with another pen.
Wow that enrages me, I used a pen but I didn't put the PO BOX NUMBER and they won't let me have his inmate I.D number so I guess I'll have to wait for the money to be transferred to his account. Just sucks how they can't give you the accurate info when calling.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:49 PM

[quote=patchouli;7766921]I don't know why "they" (BOP, DOC, UMCJ, etc) have to make everything so complicated and mysterious ....here is what their webpage says about sending inmate mail:

When addressing correspondence to someone in the brig, please address the envelope in the following manner:
Prisoner Name, Rank/Rate

Thank you so much. I guess I did address it wrong but I'll just send it again. But yeeeesss, I asked today how long will it be until I can access his inmate number they said he has to give it to me but I dont understand how because he has no money to call me or send letters since they need his inmate number to process the funda. I'm very frustrated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sbaybay1918 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-05-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Thank you so much, when they say his rank is it the rank before he was discharged from the military? Because idk what else it could be.