Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:59 PM

Default Wish us luck with our first visit this weekend

My son self surrendered at Elkton on Feb 26th. We have spoken on the phone several times and this weekend we are planning our first visit. I have hotel reservations made for Sat evening. We plan on going both Sat and Sun for a visit. Hope everything goes OK. I know it's going to be a hard visit with it being the first one. Also add that my son has been wishing his lawyer could do something to get him out but there is nothing that can be done. He is also without his ADHD meds and I know for a fact that is making things very hard for him. The lawyer said if he doesn't start receiving them within a week to contact him and he will contact the US marshals about it. I guess my son is not getting his meds because he was diagnosed with ADHD as a child but never re-diagnosed as an adult as having ADHD. I know how his mind works and without his meds he acts like a giddy teenager and in a prison setting this can lead to bit trouble!
Anyway, wish us luck with our first visit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Living Hell For This Useful Post:
Endings (03-13-2019), fbopnomore (03-13-2019), KiwiPP (03-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 PM

Good luck and enjoy!!
Old 03-13-2019, 08:13 PM

Good luck!!!!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 PM

Good luck.

Some advice, get there super early, lines can form early and it's first come, first serve.

Make sure you review the dress code for visitors. Have a change of clothes in the car. Also identify the closest Wal-Mart or Target just in case you need to run there and obtain proper clothing or personal bags. Wear comfortable clothes. You will be there for hours just sitting and talking. Be comfortable. Limit the jewelry etc. They are their to see you. Just being there is enough.

Find out how much money you can take in and make use you have enough quarters or dollars for vending machines. Don't expect a way to make change.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
Endings (03-13-2019), fbopnomore (03-13-2019), maytayah (03-14-2019), sidewalker (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,265 Times in 12,306 Posts

Have a great visit this weekend. Sometimes federal cure can help getting prescriptions in the bop.
http://www.fedcure.org/
Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Hell View Post
My son self surrendered at Elkton on Feb 26th. We have spoken on the phone several times and this weekend we are planning our first visit. I have hotel reservations made for Sat evening. We plan on going both Sat and Sun for a visit. Hope everything goes OK. I know it's going to be a hard visit with it being the first one. Also add that my son has been wishing his lawyer could do something to get him out but there is nothing that can be done. He is also without his ADHD meds and I know for a fact that is making things very hard for him. The lawyer said if he doesn't start receiving them within a week to contact him and he will contact the US marshals about it. I guess my son is not getting his meds because he was diagnosed with ADHD as a child but never re-diagnosed as an adult as having ADHD. I know how his mind works and without his meds he acts like a giddy teenager and in a prison setting this can lead to bit trouble!
Anyway, wish us luck with our first visit.
I will bet, when you see your son, all awkardness will disappear! Enjoy your precious time together!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,284 Times in 4,282 Posts

Have a great visit.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Enjoy your visit! I hope it goes smoothly!

OWL