Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:09 AM

Default Is he being moved? CO asked for his ID in the middle of the night.

I'm concerned and I don't know what to think, any insight? He recently told me a CO came into his dorm and woke him up, asked for his ID, asked where he was from and said " oh so you're local?" He is fairly close to his hometown. Why would the Sargent ask this in the middle of the night or even ask at all? What could this mean?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Banned

If
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Anne49 View Post
I'm concerned and I don't know what to think, any insight? He recently told me a CO came into his dorm and woke him up, asked for his ID, asked where he was from and said " oh so you're local?" He is fairly close to his hometown. Why would the Sargent ask this in the middle of the night or even ask at all? What could this mean?
It doesnt sound right, I can say that if they need info. no matter the time they'll wake you up. But still,this isn't right.The C.O's and I.G.'s should have all that in the persons records, with no need to ask.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,899 Posts

While that's definitely weird, technically an inmate is supposed to have their ID on them at all time and must be able to present it to an officer when asked. At least that's the CDCR policy, but I'd imagine that's common policy. Who knows what the reason was?
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Ms Anne49 (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 12:31 PM

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,731 Posts

Hmmm that's weird it happened in the middle of the night but it could pretty much be anything. Here in michigan it's not a good thing when they take your id...but keep us posted if he finds out what happened.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:43 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

Maybe they screwed up with inmate placement and were looking for someone in particular. Perhaps two inmates with the same name and they got confused. Maybe it was just some random check they did. Who knows until something happens and if not it will just be one of those wierd things that will never be explained. My man says they do random crap at his facility all they time that can't be explained it's just crazy and stupid.