Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 PM
B & A Forever and Always

Unhappy He is SO strong.

I just got off the phone with him for the first time since this all started. He is so strong, so so strong. He told me he's okay, he's been reading and writing me letters to fill his time. He reminded me what I first reminded him, 'a little bit of time, then forever.' I could only cry and tell him I love him and miss him. I felt so awful hanging up the phone. It feels like my heart is missing. But he reminded me, 3 years 9 months, then we'll be together. We have the rest of our lives to be together, really together.

I feel this awful hollowness inside. My feelings have been washed away. I know that we'll be okay, that we will make it through this together, it's just unbearable being thrust back into the same location that we lived together in for a year and remembering all of the good times and losing those positive feelings. I keep trying to remind myself that things could be so much worse, and that this could be good for the both of us. He can accomplish things inside and work on himself, and I can work on myself and our life on the outside, and we can work together to keep us strong.

I just have people coming from all different directions with nothing but negativity, telling me that 'he'll never change' and that I 'deserve so much better'. These are people who never took the time to get to know him, they only know what he did. My mother is trying to be supportive, and his family supports us, it's just really difficult.

Aah! I'm so lost

01.15.2012-Forever
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubzie For This Useful Post:
cristinas (04-26-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Dgwa
Donation Award 

I felt just like dat bacc feb 27 ..2012 when reality slap me on the face an at court we couldn't even hug fo last time he already "belong" to em....it took me a whole lot to keep on movin and I thank god I found PTO....a year later noe I can tell u dat afta all no matta what both r proud of how strong we both are and happy to find out all da stuff we r gettin accomplish unfortunately thanks to prison...I keepin my head highhhh god on my side an positive people around....as same as he does...cheer up ull see how fast time goes by ....hugs hun

Miss Z

Last edited by missZ; 04-26-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Wrong is right this time

Stay strong!!! Take it a day at a time...find other things to focus on and keep your faith. You'll make it through!!!

Boy I'm calling dibs on your lips, on your kiss, on your time
Boy I'm calling dibs on your hands, on your heart all mine

Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM

It will get better. No, not easier. You just get stronger. Be good to yourself. Don't allow negative people around you. You can do this
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 PM

Thanked 1,859 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubzie View Post
I just got off the phone with him for the first time since this all started. He is so strong, so so strong. He told me he's okay, he's been reading and writing me letters to fill his time. He reminded me what I first reminded him, 'a little bit of time, then forever.' I could only cry and tell him I love him and miss him. I felt so awful hanging up the phone. It feels like my heart is missing. But he reminded me, 3 years 9 months, then we'll be together. We have the rest of our lives to be together, really together.

I feel this awful hollowness inside. My feelings have been washed away. I know that we'll be okay, that we will make it through this together, it's just unbearable being thrust back into the same location that we lived together in for a year and remembering all of the good times and losing those positive feelings. I keep trying to remind myself that things could be so much worse, and that this could be good for the both of us. He can accomplish things inside and work on himself, and I can work on myself and our life on the outside, and we can work together to keep us strong.

I just have people coming from all different directions with nothing but negativity, telling me that 'he'll never change' and that I 'deserve so much better'. These are people who never took the time to get to know him, they only know what he did. My mother is trying to be supportive, and his family supports us, it's just really difficult.

Aah! I'm so lost
You have to pick yourself up and get through this. The more you say "I am so lost" the more of that feeling you will bring to you. Change your thoughts and the feelings must go.

Like your guy said "3 years 9 months, then we will be together", he is being strong, now you have to. Try to find things to be grateful for....gratitude goes a long ways.

Like you said, let him take care of himself and his issues, and you do the same out here...afterall, you cannot be healthy for one another until you are healthy alone.

I wish you both the best! Don't listen to the haters, as they don't matter anyway....I will say that most people really do care and only want the best for you, so try not to be so offended when they run their mouths...just say "thanks for caring and I appreciate your concerns, however, I am an adult and will do what I feel is best for me. I would also want the same for you and would trust that you know what is right for you, so please if you have nothing nice to say about my guy, keep it zipped"

The quicker you get busy living, the quicker the time will go by.

Peace~
Bubzie (04-29-2013)