Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Juvenile
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Juvenile Discussion of everything related to minors in the criminal justice system: juvenile detention, courts, rights, and family support.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 PM

Default My Brother Got Arrested

my brother got arrested saturday night around 10pm...
he is getting charged for assault with deadly weapon. he got caught with a pocket knife. he was with a friend and with two other guys he didnt know. they beat some guy really bad and he was sent to the hospital. all my brother did was punch him with his fist.. the other two guys had a bat and brass knuckles.. my brother admitted that he did punch this guy with his fist. so he is getting charged and is quilty?! and all the other guys got released . what i dont understand is he got caught with a pocket knife. but yet didnt use it.. the boy who was sent to the hospital wasnt stabbed or anything. just beaten really bad. a punch in the face doesnt do that to you ... why would those other guys get released.. yes they still have court . but my brother is getting blamed for it all. he is 16 years young. he doesnt have a bad record. he is good in school. no tattoos no anything. how much time would he get? if so would i need to hire a lawyer to get him out... he has his court wednesday there just arent giving me much information and im feeling helpless . anything will help. thanks!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM

hes getting charged with

"possession of weapon" "gang related" "assault with deadly weapon"
Old 05-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Donation Award 

Sorry to hear of your situation with your brother. Hoping things are going better.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM

yes get a lawyer as fast as possible and tell your parents to tell him to say nothing and anything said can and will be used against him in a court of law! Call lawyers for free consultations in your state today now and yes he needs a lawyer asap!!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 PM

I was a good student as well. I went to a high risk juvenile facility. It was BS. Maybe you could give me an update of what is going on. I would like to help, and answer any questions. I am in Florida so it may be a little bit different from Cali. But from talking to a lot of kids with similar charges your brother may end up in a "program". It really depends on what kind of kid he is. Good student. No previous charges. ect. If you have the money get a lawyer. The best thing for your brother to do is TELL THE TRUTH. it is respected greatly by the judge and prosecutor. My prediction is level 4 program. which is like 4 months and you can see him all the time. He can leave on weekends. they are very lenient. Best case scenario is probation and community service. Worst case probably a level 6 program. Which is like 6 months and a little more strict than the 4. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Yea Jose is coming home
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,116 Times in 419 Posts

In Cali If this is gang related they will try and charge him as a adult.im in Cali and my son was charged as a adult. Gang related charges have enhancements.my son had 2 charges they dropped one but gave him 3 year enhancement.thats why he is doing 10 years at
85 % . He will go to a youth camp until he is 18 and then they will transfer him to a prison.Im not trying to scare you. Just letting you know what happen to my son.this is if its in Cali and if they try him as a adult.

Missdebbie. Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using PrisonTalk