Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:47 PM

Default My sister was attacked in the middle of the night.

Hello everyone,
I am relatively new to prison talk. My sister was convicted last year to 6 years. I am very worried about her, she was brutally attacked by her cell mate in the middle of the night, the woman was trying to murder my sister, she jumped on her chest and started beating my sister. My sister is 58 years old. Anyway, they put my sister in protective custody, after she got out of that another inmate broke her glasses by punching her in the face. I feel totally helpless, what can be done if anything? And how is all of this going to affect the rest of the time she has to be there? I do write what I call weekly gazette to my sister, and when I can I do put money into her commisary account...and I have bible studies and alot of reading material, plus fun stuff like word puzzles. Can anyone give me a clue?
Thank you so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to auntbuglady For This Useful Post:
crazygirl0016 (08-09-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2010, 08:21 PM

I am so sorry about your sister. Please contact this person so your sister can be transferred to a safer unit or placed into protective custody.

Lynne Sharp
lynne.sharp@tdcj.state.tx.us
Safe Prison Program Manager
861 A IH 45 North
Huntsville, TX 77320
936-437-8918
Fax 936-437-8949

Take care and my prayers are with you and your sister.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjk77 For This Useful Post:
crazygirl0016 (08-09-2010), Nora L (08-15-2010), Tuesday123 (08-07-2010)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
ILOVEMyINMATE.

Take it to the Lord in Prayer.
"Waitin patiently for you to come back to me...[What Should I Do?]..I dont mind the waiting as long as there's still maybe a possibility for you to be true to me..I'll be killing time waitin on you.. I'll be sittin here waiting, The LOVE I have for you, I'm SAVING". US against the WORLD..TDCJ Cant Keep Us Down Foreva!...
Old 08-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Pink*Lady

Has she filed a life endangerment. This will launch an investigation...To make this process really successful it is imperative that you fax letters and make phone calls to voice your concerns for her. Unfortunately TDCJ doesnt take to much of anything serious unless there is an outside source. She has a certain amount of time to file a life endangerment from the day of the incident...She can use the last one and inform them it is an ongoing problem, obviously. If you need more info you can PM me...Been through it before and had my loved one shipped of the unit within a month...Further away though but he was moved. Good Luck and I hope everything gets better.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"
The Following User Says Thank You to Lupe For This Useful Post:
Tuesday123 (08-07-2010)
Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Banned

I would tend to agree with the above suggestion about filing a request to be transferred based on these recent attacks. For whatever reason it seams she's being targeted by others or maybe a particular individual and others are following suit. You can call her unit and ask to speak to the "Safe Prisons Officer" at that unit. There are regulations the Safe Prisons Act puts on inmate housing, for example housing 2 inmates in the same cell that are greater than 10 years difference, size differences, and other restrictions. Usually they don't follow the guidelines until someone on the outside brings these personal safety issues to the forefront. In your sisters case, due to her age and these recent attacks I'd suggest trying that avenue as well. Size, and age are 2 disadvantages in prison when theres so many preditors out there.

Last edited by Back12draft; 08-07-2010 at 01:21 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 AM
naydasbaby

I use to be a correctional officer tell your sister to file life endangerment they will put her in pc she will be in her cell 23 hours of day and she will get 1 hour out for reck but this should stop the attacks.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

Any follow up on your sister; did she get moved?