Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Thumbs up Food Sale

I'm just curious if they have a "Food Sale" at any of the other CA prisons? My man told me the other day that he was putting in his order for the food sale? I was like, "what's that?" He said that about 3-4 times a year they have a food sale. Where they can order special things that they usually aren't allowed to purchased through the Canteen. For example: the food sale he just put his order in for is from Albertsons. He ordered chicken, chocolate cake, 6-pack Pepsi, etc....

He told me that years ago when he was in Vacaville that they had a Kentucky Fried Chicken food sale. I never knew they did stuff like that. What kind of food sales do they have at the prison your loved one is at?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Mexican at heart.

Default Hi...

Yes, my man has told me about those food sales too. He ordered the same as your man...chicken and chocolate cake...LOL! I think it's cool that they can order some real food once in a while. Wish it was more often though.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 PM

The food sale they had before this Albertson's one was a food sale for Round Table Pizza. My man was all happy, he ordered like 5 large pizzas. I said, "babe how are you going to eat 5 large pizzas? It's going to go bad sitting there in your room." He laughed at me and said, "babe even though it will be could when I get it, I can warm it up at work in the microwave. Trust me I'll eat a lot of the pizza, but I bought some for some of the other homeboys." He has such a big heart!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Soulmate For My Inmate

Mark always buys in bulk, too when they have these sales. They all share what they get so that there is more variety. Share the love and what goes around comes around. Sometimes Mark's boss will get them a pizza or some other goodie if they have been really good or if it's a special occassion like a birthday or something....this boss he has now is very cool and a true humanitarian, he is very good at rewarding them when they do well. I love to hear the good stories.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Bob-bi -lu,

My man told me about the food sale too, and I had never heard of it. He spent a little over $50 on goodies. Is there a certain amount they could spend?

CMC MEMBER # 2
Old 05-03-2005, 10:12 PM

My man has bought so far chicken and pizza this past year.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztkgirl
Bob-bi -lu,

My man told me about the food sale too, and I had never heard of it. He spent a little over $50 on goodies. Is there a certain amount they could spend?
Humm??? Good questions....I'm not too sure if there is a limit, I'll have to ask my man tomorrow when he calls. I know my man spent about $100 on this food sale, but I'm not sure if there is a limit. I'll let ya know what he says tomorrow!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned

Default no limit

there is no limit and my exuse to order from them also. he ordered from albertsons and got krispy creme donyuts and all that stuff.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztkgirl
Is there a certain amount they could spend?
I spoke to my man this afternoon and he said that there is a limit of $100 that they can spend on these food sales.

Girl, he also said that at CMC they are going to be having another food sales in a few months which they will be able to order food from Round Table Pizza & Quiznos (sp?). Poor thing, he's so excited to order a turkey & avocado sandwich. He didn't know what Quiznos was until I told him. He was like, "babe I haven't ate avocado in years." How sad, the little things they miss.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:45 PM

Yes I have heard about those. I think that at Donovan they even got to eat Taco Bell and BBQ. They find about it in advance so that they can get the money. I think that is cool too. They don't really have to wait for visits to get something decent. At Donovan the food is cooked and you order it off of a menu.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Account Closed

OMG....I could just picture the riot that would take place as my guy was pushing and shoving to get something besides state food Kansas doesn't have anything but the occasional pow wow. He's Native, so at least he gets to partake in that.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 AM
banned - 88reasons

Default off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-bi-lu
I spoke to my man this afternoon and he said that there is a limit of $100 that they can spend on these food sales.

Girl, he also said that at CMC they are going to be having another food sales in a few months which they will be able to order food from Round Table Pizza & Quiznos (sp?). Poor thing, he's so excited to order a turkey & avocado sandwich. He didn't know what Quiznos was until I told him. He was like, "babe I haven't ate avocado in years." How sad, the little things they miss.
I have the sweetest, saddest avocado story...... my guy was at a place where I could bring in food and I brought him an avocado for our picnic,,, and it seemed like it was just the right sort of firm ripe that would have made it perfect, but it was a fake soft... (avocado experts know what I mean) and oh man!!!! he was SOO frustrated!!!! and the look on his face was so forgiving (but very frustrated), he knew I tried. I felt SOOOO BAD!!!!... what a horrid tease! To this day I cannot eat an avocado without feeling that moment all over again.... and I LOVE avocados.... I even swore them off as a love sacrifice, but I cannot resist forever....

Last edited by fraulein; 05-05-2005 at 01:10 AM..
Old 05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Donation Award 

This weekend is Pizza sales at Ironwood they can order pizza from Domino ans some soda... My baby is very excited about this it is funny the things that we take for granted out here

***My Husband is home and I am loving almost every second of it!!!***
Old 05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
I's Married 2 My Soulmate

i didnt know that the prisons had events like that. hmmmm im gonna have to look into that. whenever they have good food days i definitley wanna be there to visit!!!! LOL!!!!

Last edited by RegisSweetness; 05-07-2005 at 04:36 PM..
Old 05-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisSweetness
i didnt know that the prisons had events like that. hmmmm im gonna have to look into that. whenever they have good food days i definitley wanna be there to visit!!!! LOL!!!!
Yeah I wish they had good food like that during visits. The food sales are actually only things they do for the guys inside. About a few times a month the guys will have the opportunity to order food from like Pizza Hut, Round Table Pizza, Albertson's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Quiznos, etc.... then after they submit their order form the food usually gets delivered to them about a month or two later. They are aware of these sales a few months in advance that way that gives them enough time to get money put on their books.

Last edited by Pinky99; 05-07-2005 at 05:49 PM..
Old 05-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,185 Times in 495 Posts

My ex told me about one food sale while he was in GP at Pelican Bay I think it was for Pizza Hut pizza,he was soooooo excited to be having pizza!!

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Old 05-07-2005, 06:00 PM

I've heard about these as well. I was told that the food cost double of what it would cost in the store or in the street. It seems like another way for the prison to make money,, but I'm sure that the inmates don't care. I would pay that much to get something other than prison food. Is that how much it cost at your guy's facility?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:18 PM

The ones I have been involved in the state didn't make any money off of. The extra money went to charity or the Inmate Welfare Fund.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Donation Award 

The food sales my husband has paid for in the past, cost just about the same as what we pay for out here. The last one he bought was krispy kreme doughnuts and it was something like $12 for 2 dozen.

KellyA.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:44 PM

My babe ordered a bunch of stuff too, he mentioned the chocolate cake and chicken! Its nice they have something to look forward too
Old 05-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Donation Award 

The Inmate Wefare Fund........Does anyone actually know where this money goes? And what it is used for?

KellyA.