Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Question Gurney Unit Texas Prison Mail rules?

does anyone know the rules with sending things to my man. i've already done a jpay email...i have wrote 2 letters and one of them was 12 pages long typed....do they allow us to type the letter and print it as long as it is regular font and color and size? also what about stickers or anything decorative? i know they don't like popup type stickers that aren't flat but the flat stickers are they allowed? any other advice would be appreciated.

i have another question...my fiance has been in gurney now since last thursday so almost a week. i live in dallas and sent him something on friday so do you think he would have got it now? and vice versa...or does even sending mail take a while?

i'm so lost and haven't been able to find the mail rules so yeah....
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Starry Eyed

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,887 Posts

You can type in any font, size, colors, etc. You can write on colored paper but you can't send him any extra blank sheets. I've never put stickers on anything, but I've drawn pictures in crayon and sent lipstick kisses without any problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeAmbition For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:44 PM

Thanked 11,111 Times in 6,008 Posts

You can certainly print out letters done in Word or something else...and last I knew, they were not looking to find a particular font or size, although I would imagine something like WingDings would trip some flags. It isn't like a pleading where you know you are getting your hand slapped if you don't do it in (as an example) Times New Roman 12pt double spaced

As to a letter from Dallas to Tennessee Colony mailed on Friday...chances are that it was AT the unit by Tuesday but might not have been delivered to him until the next day. I know that letters leaving facilities in the Dallas area that have to be logged out are usually delivered to me within two days of when they were postmarked, and many are to me the next day.

You will find that the biggest delay is not actually at the unit but rather with the USPS...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post: