Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:22 AM

It shouldn't matter. The transfer isn't done with the staff from that facility necessarily. They just take a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2017, 10:34 AM

Hello everyone. I am letting you all know that my LO got transferred when I checked this morning. He is now at FTC Oklahoma City. I'm not sure what prison he will be going to but I will let you all know which one when I find out so I can get more information about it. I will also provide updates from time to time. If he's currently at FTC Oklahoma City, what prison or state will he most likely be at?

I would like to send a really big THANK YOU to EVERYONE here for encouraging me and giving me really good advice. I had a really good time and I will still be on here if you would like to talk to me Please keep me updated and I will keep you all updated as well I will leave this one open for any USP Canaan related questions and either I or someone will answer as soon as we can
The Following User Says Thank You to mariaacharles For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 11:03 AM

Oh that's great news!! They will classify him there and then send him out. He could go anywhere. That's just a hub. Hopefully you'll get some mail while he's there. Keep your chin up.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,440 Times in 9,947 Posts

If the transfer prison on the OK City airport has room, he will be there until he is moved again. If it is full, some inmates have been rented out to local OK jails.

There is no way to predict how long it will take for him to arrive where he is going. When I was there, some inmates moved out the next day, but I was there for 6 weeks. It was a decent place, at least (unlike Atlanta) we were out of our cells most of the time, and they even had book carts with plenty of reading materials.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by His_Queen13 View Post
Oh that's great news!! They will classify him there and then send him out. He could go anywhere. That's just a hub. Hopefully you'll get some mail while he's there. Keep your chin up.
Thank you and I will do my best. I hope I will get some mail but if he does write me, I'm thinking about sending a letter back whenever he gets to the new prison
The Following User Says Thank You to mariaacharles For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
If the transfer prison on the OK City airport has room, he will be there until he is moved again. If it is full, some inmates have been rented out to local OK jails.

There is no way to predict how long it will take for him to arrive where he is going. When I was there, some inmates moved out the next day, but I was there for 6 weeks. It was a decent place, at least (unlike Atlanta) we were out of our cells most of the time, and they even had book carts with plenty of reading materials.
Oh ok. I read that there are male and females there and that the BOP region is South Central region. How long was you out there and what could you do there basically?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Females are in a separate wing of the building, and the windows are all blacked out. A husband and wife were both there when I was, but they weren't allowed to meet.

If I recall, there wasn't much to do during the time outside cells. The big difference between OKC and Atlanta & USP Lewisburg was that we were allowed out of our cells except for counts and over night. There was an indoor rec area/basketball court, TV rooms, phones and books to read. Meals were served in the housing unit, there was no commissary access (if he is there long enough to move to the top of the work list, work for an entire week, and earn about $4.00, only that money could be used to order from a commissary list of about 5 total items). To send letters required standing in a long line one day a week, with unsealed envelopes, until the staff member put one of your 3 weekly "indigent" stamps on each letter. No pens, just 3 inch long pencils to write with.

When I was there, a retired NBA player who was being sent back to California for unpaid child support after spending nearly a month locked down 23 or 24 hours a day in USP Atlanta was asked for his autograph, and handed the pencil stub to sign with. I said I bet that's the first time you have ever been asked to sign with such a lame pencil.

OKC is the central transport hub. I went from Miami, to Atlanta, to OKC on my way to Pennsylvania (con air all the way) so he could be headed just about anywhere in the bop prison system. They don't worry much about scheduling either. I left Miami on the same plane with an inmate who was also designated to FCI Loretto. He stayed one night in Atlanta and then flew directly to Harrisburg, PA. 3 full months later I ran into him again at Loretto. I was being unofficially subjected to what is universally known as bop diesel therapy. I could have walked to Loretto quicker.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 04-25-2017 at 04:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
LovelyR (04-26-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Females are in a separate wing of the building, and the windows are all blacked out. A husband and wife were both there when I was, but they weren't allowed to meet.

If I recall, there wasn't much to do during the time outside cells. The big difference between OKC and Atlanta & USP Lewisburg was that we were allowed out of our cells except for counts and over night. There was an indoor rec area/basketball court, TV rooms, phones and books to read. Meals were served in the housing unit, there was no commissary access (if he is there long enough to move to the top of the work list, work for an entire week, and earn about $4.00, only that money could be used to order from a commissary list of about 5 total items). To send letters required standing in a long line one day a week, with unsealed envelopes, until the staff member put one of your 3 weekly "indigent" stamps on each letter. No pens, just 3 inch long pencils to write with.

When I was there, a retired NBA player who was being sent back to California for unpaid child support after spending nearly a month locked down 23 or 24 hours a day in USP Atlanta was asked for his autograph, and handed the pencil stub to sign with. I said I bet that's the first time you have ever been asked to sign with such a lame pencil.

OKC is the central transport hub. I went from Miami, to Atlanta, to OKC on my way to Pennsylvania (con air all the way) so he could be headed just about anywhere in the bop prison system. They don't worry much about scheduling either. I left Miami on the same plane with an inmate who was also designated to FCI Loretto. He stayed one night in Atlanta and then flew directly to Harrisburg, PA. 3 full months later I ran into him again at Loretto. I was being unofficially subjected to what is universally known as bop diesel therapy. I could have walked to Loretto quicker.
Oh wow. My LO was at the USP in Virginia and then, he was at the one in Florida and then, he was at the one in Pennsylvania and now, I'm not sure where he will be at this time. How will he know what prison he's going to when he leaves?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The OKC counselor might tell him where he is headed. Some will, some won't because of security/escape concerns. I knew where I was headed before I left Miami, but I had no idea it would take 3 months to go from the Miami con air airport to my arrival at FCI Loretto, PA. Some folks only find out where they are going when they arrive there.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
I know USP Canaan is still on lockdown for right now but I have a question. Does transfers happen during lockdown? I'm thinking that they don't happen until the lockdown is over so they're still at the prison they're at for now until it happens. Am I right about that?
My bf got transferred during lockdown and I haven't talked to him since which was two weeks ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiatr For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatr View Post
My bf got transferred during lockdown and I haven't talked to him since which was two weeks ago.
Oh wow I'm sure he will contact you soon or maybe you can write him a letter. The lockdown should be over now since I've been getting emails from someone that my LO knows that's still at Canaan even though my LO is now at Coleman I USP
Old 05-19-2017, 04:39 PM

Are they in lockdown again? Haven't heard from my bf since earlier this morning and he was already suppose to call
Old 05-19-2017, 08:30 PM

They were on LD yesterday and he said today from 3-5:30 ET they would be LD again.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Does anybody know if USP Canaan is on lockdown? I sent an email to someone that's on my email list on June 24th and they haven't replied back so far.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaacharles View Post
Does anybody know if USP Canaan is on lockdown? I sent an email to someone that's on my email list on June 24th and they haven't replied back so far.
No they aren't. I know they have been lock down on the flats but my man has still been able to email. If you haven't heard from him that long then he may be in the hole.
The Following User Says Thank You to boobear79 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 09:21 PM

I got a call today. I'm sure you'll hear something soon!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-02-2017)
Old 07-12-2017, 01:12 PM

So much bf done this drug program. He said if he finishes it they'd pay him. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? He's claimed last two months that they never gave him the money. Has anyone else lo went through this.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:51 PM

He's going through a drug program at Canaan? No I haven't heard of them being paid to go through the program; however my husband is not eligible to go through any program so maybe someone else can offer further insight.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobear79 View Post
So much bf done this drug program. He said if he finishes it they'd pay him. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? He's claimed last two months that they never gave him the money. Has anyone else lo went through this.
From what I know, I don't believe they get paid unless they are working a job.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (07-13-2017)