Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Default Assistance for the care of a child of an incarcerated parent?

Without giving too much details, are there any programs that offer assistance for the care of a child of an incarcerated parent beyond government (which I am already checking into but may backfire). If he comes home a year from now, I don't need to have him stuck with a huge bill as we are a family and staying together so it's mine as well and I can't see our incomes jumping that much even though we both work out butts off and will continue to. (obviously just one income at the moment)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Churches help with bills so a church might help and if there’s a church with a day care they may help with a discounted rate for day care or after school care or a stay at home mom that you know well that would help and is looking for just a few extra dollars or won’t really worry about the money if you cover the expense of food so it’s not costing her extra money to help you! Just a thought!