Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Fire Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Fire Camps Topics, Discussions and Information relating to California Fire Camps.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Fire Camp Family Visits

Hi Ladies! Or others that do Fire Camp Family Visits!

Does anyone have the rules/restrictions, etc for Family Visits? Any pointers I need to know? Specifically, we are at Growlersburg.

We just got married in March and this is my first ever family visit so I have TONS of questions! Any info would be HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 PM

I do not know anything first hand only what I have heard from others. First if I am correct Growlersburg is a southern camp so you will have three days and two nights. (Sorry to say but from what I remember northern camps get four days and three nights)

You will bring all your own food, like you do on visits. The camps usually supply the stuff you will need in the cabin but I know that most of the ladies I knew who had FV brought their own pillows and blankets.

You should call the camp and see if there will be a DVD or VCR in the cabin so you can bring movies.

That is all I can remember for now. Sorry it is not more.
The Following User Says Thank You to closertohim For This Useful Post:
PinkieCA (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by closertohim View Post
I do not know anything first hand only what I have heard from others. First if I am correct Growlersburg is a southern camp so you will have three days and two nights. (Sorry to say but from what I remember northern camps get four days and three nights)

You will bring all your own food, like you do on visits. The camps usually supply the stuff you will need in the cabin but I know that most of the ladies I knew who had FV brought their own pillows and blankets.

You should call the camp and see if there will be a DVD or VCR in the cabin so you can bring movies.

That is all I can remember for now. Sorry it is not more.
Thanks for sharing @closertohim! I appreciate it... FV at fire camps seems like a normal visit from what I can gather... I guess it's time to finally ask the family visiting counselor at camp. I'm just a planner and want everything to go smoothly! :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM

Smile hi so did you already have your fv if so please post info and how it wentw

Hi so did you already have your fv ? If so please post any info and how it went please
Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rociogovea View Post
Hi so did you already have your fv ? If so please post any info and how it went please
No, I haven't had my first FV yet, but it's on Friday!!!!!

I did ask the COs for the run down this last weekend and this is what our camp said:

You arrive right on time to be processed. Basically just like a regular visit so NO cell phone, electronics, drugs, alcohol, glass, etc but you aren't allowed to take in money, your keys or any prescriptions either. (they did say BC was ok - whew!) Other than that, I think everything else is OK.

If I run into anything surprising, I'll post.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieCA View Post
No, I haven't had my first FV yet, but it's on Friday!!!!!

I did ask the COs for the run down this last weekend and this is what our camp said:

You arrive right on time to be processed. Basically just like a regular visit so NO cell phone, electronics, drugs, alcohol, glass, etc but you aren't allowed to take in money, your keys or any prescriptions either. (they did say BC was ok - whew!) Other than that, I think everything else is OK.

If I run into anything surprising, I'll post.
Wow u must b so excited .How long did you have o wait to get approved? And how long after that did u get a date?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Wow u must b so excited .How long did you have o wait to get approved? And how long after that did u get a date?
Yeah - I'm pretty freakin' excited!!! We got married March 8th... it took us about a month to get FV approved and then 5 weeks to get our first visit which starts in just over 12 hours - but who's counting/!?!?!?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieCA View Post
Yeah - I'm pretty freakin' excited!!! We got married March 8th... it took us about a month to get FV approved and then 5 weeks to get our first visit which starts in just over 12 hours - but who's counting/!?!?!?
So pinkieca tells us all about it .how did it go!!?!????
Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 PM

Talking

Quote:
So pinkieca tells us all about it .how did it go!!?!????
FV was freakin' AMAZING!!! Check in was super easy - one of our favorite COs checked us in... all in all, it took 15/20 minutes from when I arrived until when we were all checked in and had the place to ourselves... It was like a little cabin in Tahoe. No DVD player, which was the one thing I would change, but for some reason DVDs aren't allowed at our camp??? Other than that, it was perfect! My husband spoiled me the best he could and we got to cuddle LOTS.

I already can't wait for next time!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieCA

FV was freakin' AMAZING!!! Check in was super easy - one of our favorite COs checked us in... all in all, it took 15/20 minutes from when I arrived until when we were all checked in and had the place to ourselves... It was like a little cabin in Tahoe. No DVD player, which was the one thing I would change, but for some reason DVDs aren't allowed at our camp??? Other than that, it was perfect! My husband spoiled me the best he could and we got to cuddle LOTS.

I already can't wait for next time!!!
That is so awesome!!! . I can't wait for us to be able to have family visits
Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsUnique70 View Post
That is so awesome!!! . I can't wait for us to be able to have family visits
It's SO worth the wait... It really was even better than I was expecting it to be!!