Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmastro View Post
What FB page did you find it on? I have been trying to get info all day, mine is in the low,,,,,,,,,,
Beaumont federal prison....a woman posted asking for prayers for her son and there is over 100 comments
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 01:07 AM

I saw a video on Facebook were it show Beaumont is all flooded I get very worry....my husband haven't call me and I think i read that someone post that she talk to his lo yestarday....so USP inmates are making calls????
Old 08-31-2017, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninadepapi5 View Post
No, sorry. I have contacted via phone the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Washington DC and I've also contacted the central regional office in Texas this morning. they told me that the inmates as of yesterday we're still all in Beaumont in the facility I was told to call back in 2 hours for a updated public statement I've been calling with no luck the phone number for the central region Office of the Federal Bureau of Prisons their phone number is 972-730-9600. Also have been going on their webpage which is ww.bop.gov if you click on Hurricane update it tells you that halfway down in the article that the Beaumont facility has been having intermittent problems with electricity but that was an update at 6:05 a.m. this morning nothing since then!
I really hope that everyone in that facility is okay but the way that article makes it sound as they have no food or water so I don't know how they're having all these prisoners survive in there!
That's all i got for now!
I found this on the web. Maybe if we call there we can hopefully get an answer.

Inmate families may contact
TDCJs 24-hour hotline at (396)
437-4927 ir 1-844-476-1289 for
Information about a specific
Inmate.

Last edited by patchouli; 08-31-2017 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: Resized graphic so text wasn't larger than the page ;)
Old 08-31-2017, 07:25 AM

So now not only are Beaumont and Port Arthur flooded Beaumont has no water. Weather channel stated this morning that Beaumont is inhabitable. WTF about our guys??
Old 08-31-2017, 08:08 AM

Has anyone heard if they have relocated from beaumont medium, im so worried my husband is there? if anyone knows of anything please help? i have called all numbers i have been provided and it is not helpful.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:31 AM

I just called Beaumont police and they're telling me that FCI BEAUMONT LOW is not under water
Old 08-31-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsandy000 View Post
I just called Beaumont police and they're telling me that FCI BEAUMONT LOW is not under water

What is the number for Beaumont police? Im out in Boston so Im feeling useless! Is USP flooded?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:25 AM

Default Beaumont FCI Update

Per KBMT in Beaumont - the FCI has not been evacuated, there has been minor flooding in or around the facility, but the water is receding. All inmates are safe, they have power but telephone s are intermittent...............I don't know how the water situation will impact them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nmastro For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-31-2017), JAKLTS2798 (08-31-2017), Jbart21 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:48 AM

Beaumont police Dept phone number is 409-980-7271
The Following User Says Thank You to vsandy000 For This Useful Post:
Nikkyboop (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
thank you i was freaking out.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:43 PM

Has anyone heard from their folks in low? I have a friend over there, his family is in Houston. Havent heard from any of them since Monday.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:27 PM

The last email I received from my husband who is Medium to was Sunday as well. I have been calling since Monday but the phones were busy. Today is the first day that I actually got a ringing tone but no one answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mking8627 View Post
My husband is in Med, and the last email I recieved from him was Sun morning at 9:30pm, ever since I haven't heard from him. What happened with the gas on the med???? Was there a fight? Has anyone gotten any emails from the Med in beaumont fci, please let me know I'm real worried.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:27 PM

My husband just emailed me. He's vat FCI BEAUMONT LOW. He says they're all ok. Yes they had some flooding and no power (lights) for 48 hours and they currently have no drinking water.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:29 PM

If you don't mind me asking, when was the last time you heard from your husband? Mine was Sunday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutton View Post
Has anyone heard if they have relocated from beaumont medium, im so worried my husband is there? if anyone knows of anything please help? i have called all numbers i have been provided and it is not helpful.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:30 PM

The below is an email from a LO in Beaumont camp. I received this 8/31 3:30pm.

the wind didnt get bad but the water got pretty out of control, the front where yall park at was completely under water and the road going to the other prisons were under water we have a 3-4 foot sign out back that was completely submurged and water started coming in the back door but only a little bit, looking out towards the low it was like a lake you couldnt see any grass or anything, there was a maintance building that got flooded and i guess they said it ruined a lot of computers, we have been running on generators most the last few days so just the bare minimum...

it crazy to hear Crowtu talk about his job, he is on maintance and the medium was getting the worst flooding and the tranformers were under water so they had to build sand bag walls around them and pump water out while it was raining, but he said they were in waist deep water trying to build it and he had to keep the nozzle free of leaves and stuff and said eventually was just setting on a 5 gallon bucket with water up to his chest just pushing leaves off of the pump every minute or so but they had him working from 530 in the morning until 10 at night it was crazy glad i dont have his job and that i am in the kitchen

but even with the sun out today since it is a state of emergency we are still on lockdown so we cant even go outside and walk the track

Last edited by Jbart21; 08-31-2017 at 03:39 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jbart21 For This Useful Post:
Dee.Tamez (08-31-2017), vsandy000 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 03:38 PM

August 31, 2017 UPDATE: (BOP) - The Federal Correctional Complex (FCC) in Beaumont, Texas, has not been evacuated. There was some flooding in and around areas of the FCC where inmates are not being housed, however, today the water has begun to recede. All inmates remain safe in their housing units.

Although the storm impacted the city water supply, the FCC is utilizing its own reserved water supply. The FCC has experienced intermittent power, however, it is adequately maintained with generator backup power when needed. There is an adequate food and water supply for both inmates and staff.
The Following User Says Thank You to nmastro For This Useful Post:
Jbart21 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 04:01 PM

Thumbs up Update!!!

Just heard from mine in LOW - the systems just came up in the last hour, he was able to email - they are getting a bottle of water with each meal, water trucks are on the way to them, he says they do not have their own water supply (bop said they did) the LOW itself did not flood, but the rec yard is still flooded, tv's are out and apparently the mail room flooded so mail will not be getting thru for a few more days - he also said everyone is helping each other out which is good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nmastro For This Useful Post:
Dee.Tamez (08-31-2017), JAKLTS2798 (08-31-2017), Jbart21 (08-31-2017), vsandy000 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 04:38 PM

Default Beaumont Medium

I am seeing a lot of posts referencing the Low facility but does anyone have information re: the Medium facility? Has anyone talked to their loved ones from Beaumont Medium?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kristy_McWil For This Useful Post:
Ninadepapi5 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM

I heard from my husband today 8/31/17 at about 3 pm or so
Old 08-31-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy_McWil View Post
If you don't mind me asking, when was the last time you heard from your husband? Mine was Sunday.
Nobody was evacuated or relocated. You can call the police department and they'll let you know or the news (TV station)
Old 08-31-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
August 31, 2017 UPDATE: (BOP) - The Federal Correctional Complex (FCC) in Beaumont, Texas, has not been evacuated. There was some flooding in and around areas of the FCC where inmates are not being housed, however, today the water has begun to recede. All inmates remain safe in their housing units.

Although the storm impacted the city water supply, the FCC is utilizing its own reserved water supply. The FCC has experienced intermittent power, however, it is adequately maintained with generator backup power when needed. There is an adequate food and water supply for both inmates and staff.
To my knowledge they don't have water or using their reserved at FCI BEAUMONT LOW
Old 08-31-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Just heard from mine in LOW - the systems just came up in the last hour, he was able to email - they are getting a bottle of water with each meal, water trucks are on the way to them, he says they do not have their own water supply (bop said they did) the LOW itself did not flood, but the rec yard is still flooded, tv's are out and apparently the mail room flooded so mail will not be getting thru for a few more days - he also said everyone is helping each other out which is good.
My husband is at low. I got an email from him today. He says the got a little flooded and they don't have water. This was at about 3 pm 8-31-17
Old 08-31-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbart21 View Post
The below is an email from a LO in Beaumont camp. I received this 8/31 3:30pm.

the wind didnt get bad but the water got pretty out of control, the front where yall park at was completely under water and the road going to the other prisons were under water we have a 3-4 foot sign out back that was completely submurged and water started coming in the back door but only a little bit, looking out towards the low it was like a lake you couldnt see any grass or anything, there was a maintance building that got flooded and i guess they said it ruined a lot of computers, we have been running on generators most the last few days so just the bare minimum...

it crazy to hear Crowtu talk about his job, he is on maintance and the medium was getting the worst flooding and the tranformers were under water so they had to build sand bag walls around them and pump water out while it was raining, but he said they were in waist deep water trying to build it and he had to keep the nozzle free of leaves and stuff and said eventually was just setting on a 5 gallon bucket with water up to his chest just pushing leaves off of the pump every minute or so but they had him working from 530 in the morning until 10 at night it was crazy glad i dont have his job and that i am in the kitchen

but even with the sun out today since it is a state of emergency we are still on lockdown so we cant even go outside and walk the track
I wonder why the medium was so bad & not the others? Weird. That's where my LO is at, I had a feeling the BOP was lying to me when I was calling...
Old 08-31-2017, 05:29 PM

Still no one has talked to loved ones from Medium though?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
My husband is at low. I got an email from him today. He says the got a little flooded and they don't have water. This was at about 3 pm 8-31-17
I just got a 2nd email, again stating there is no water - that is completely unacceptable. The first one said they were bringing in water tankers from OK, which will take hours to get there and porta potties, but how would that work???????? Why are we getting different info from BOP??