Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Fire Camp Family Visits

Has Anyone Ever Gotton Approved For A Family Visit At A Fire Camp My Husband Is At Sierra Conservation Camp In Jamestown And Is Just Waiting To Be Transported To A Fire Camp In Southern California Now Once He Gets There Does Anyone Know What The Waiting Lists Are Like He Said Like About 30 Days.also Can Anyone Tell Me About The Family Visits At Fire Camp I'm Pretty Sure Hes Going To Pilot Rock Near Big Bear.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Mrs. Always Right

The approval only takes a week, but there is a thirty day waiting period for all inmates. After your first visit you can have family visits once a month...Your family visit date selections will depend on how many other inmates get family visits at the camp...holiday visiting days usually go fast! Visits (at my husbands camp) are from either Thursday check-in at 1PM till Sunday check-out at 10AM, or Sunday check-in at 1PM till Wednesday check-out at 10AM. Each camp has their own rules as far as what you can bring in. Most camps allow you to bring your own food, but some camps still make you order from the prison vendor list (like it is at Jamestown.)
Old 07-12-2007, 04:06 PM

WOW! Are you serious? Visits are that long?? 3 nights?? Is that for every camp??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everMyMr.Right
The approval only takes a week, but there is a thirty day waiting period for all inmates. After your first visit you can have family visits once a month...Your family visit date selections will depend on how many other inmates get family visits at the camp...holiday visiting days usually go fast! Visits (at my husbands camp) are from either Thursday check-in at 1PM till Sunday check-out at 10AM, or Sunday check-in at 1PM till Wednesday check-out at 10AM. Each camp has their own rules as far as what you can bring in. Most camps allow you to bring your own food, but some camps still make you order from the prison vendor list (like it is at Jamestown.)
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 PM

No, I'm sure every camp is different. Where my husband it at they are only two nights. Arrive at 1pm, leave two days later at 11am. Visits occur all days of the week. Even though we were approved for family visits at Jamestown, he still had to reapply when he got to camp, but it only took two weeks and then we were able to have the next available date. After that you get visits every 30 days. Usually during the holiday months you may only get them every 6 weeks. Its a busy time. Be prepared during fire season...you may miss your visit because your loved one is out on a fire...then you will have to wait for him to return to get another date.