Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have you ever encountered an Angel?
Yes most definitly 34 64.15%
No but I believe in Angels/ spirits 14 26.42%
No I do not believe in Angels 1 1.89%
not that I know of..... 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Question Have you ever encountered an ANGEL?

My sister and I were VERY close our whole lives. She was a year and a half younger than me but the way we were together every one swore we were twins. When my sister found out she had leukemia the "big sister" in me kicked into over drive by swearing to not let her have any stress cuz the doctor said stress would produce more cancer cells. I became extremely protective over her. When she was in the hospital fighting for her life after a bone marrow transplant, I was holding on to her for dear life. Doctor gave her 24 hrs to live! Every one else needed me to tell her it was ok for her to let go and go be with Jesus! I couldn't. And she knew it (even though she was on a respirator.) I was literally dying inside when I finally told my little sister it was ok to let go. That I would be ok. From that moment on she "waited" until her husband, my mom, my dad, my brother, and I were all in the room with her and her machine flat lined to zero........ I shrieked out a sorrowed soulful scream! And I heard a male voice clear as can be sternly say "stop it Reina! You are gonna scare her." and in an instant I was hushed. I was in a trance; a "tranquill" I was NOT gonna let my little sister be scared on her way to Heaven.

I do not hear voices nor have I ever heard that distincive stern voice AGAIN! The crazy thing is is that I got a hold of a video from that moment and on the video there was NO male voice heard at all. All you hear is my soulful scream and then instant, in a snap, hush!

AN ANGEL!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yin&yang4ever For This Useful Post:
+VERDE+ (11-30-2015), Angetem (07-13-2013), ralphiesbaby (09-05-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Thats a beautiful story! Im tearing while reading it. I dont believe ive ever encountered one but I beliece they are out there. god bless you amd your loved ones.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:00 AM

Smile Thank you so much! I appritiate it!

Your kind words mean alot to me! That was back in 2004 but you never really get over it.... you just kind of go through it!

Yin and Yang 4 ever!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM

I have heard God's voice for sure twice in my life. Once when my ex was going to kill himself and God told me to leave and the second time to talk "turn around and talk to her" regarding talking to the sister of my rwi when he was arrested and I knew he did not commit the crime and He needed to hear words of encouragement! I know it can and does happen!! Never will I forget the direct command of my Lord and Savior and I followed His words both time!!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:20 AM

wow this story gave me goosebumps incredible indeed
Old 09-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss. You were touched by an angel xo

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM

many yrs back, after my hubs and I became born-again believers, we were at an Easter service at church. my hubs ran the sound room so I sat alone. the church was packed out. there were 3 seats available directly behind me. during service there was a disruption.... a young gal started having a seizure. the women who were close by gathered around her to pray. things started to quiet and then 3 'men' came into the church and sat behind me, and then one went over to the young girl and layed hands on her. the rest of the service was so peaceful and beautiful.
the thing is..... NO ONE saw these men arrive nor leave. where my hubs was in the sound room.... was right near the door way and he had the perfect view.
All of us believe that the Lord sent us those angels in our time of need.
there has been other times where I suspect angels.
also, directly after our salvation, reading in the house alone.... I heard the audible voice of the Lord on a subject of forgiveness. wow.!!!!

d'gal
The Following User Says Thank You to d'gal For This Useful Post:
+VERDE+ (11-30-2015)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
*Stargazing*
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,599 Times in 5,648 Posts

Yes! Many times!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yin&yang4ever View Post
My sister and I were VERY close our whole lives. She was a year and a half younger than me but the way we were together every one swore we were twins. When my sister found out she had leukemia the "big sister" in me kicked into over drive by swearing to not let her have any stress cuz the doctor said stress would produce more cancer cells. I became extremely protective over her. When she was in the hospital fighting for her life after a bone marrow transplant, I was holding on to her for dear life. Doctor gave her 24 hrs to live! Every one else needed me to tell her it was ok for her to let go and go be with Jesus! I couldn't. And she knew it (even though she was on a respirator.) I was literally dying inside when I finally told my little sister it was ok to let go. That I would be ok. From that moment on she "waited" until her husband, my mom, my dad, my brother, and I were all in the room with her and her machine flat lined to zero........ I shrieked out a sorrowed soulful scream! And I heard a male voice clear as can be sternly say "stop it Reina! You are gonna scare her." and in an instant I was hushed. I was in a trance; a "tranquill" I was NOT gonna let my little sister be scared on her way to Heaven.

I do not hear voices nor have I ever heard that distincive stern voice AGAIN! The crazy thing is is that I got a hold of a video from that moment and on the video there was NO male voice heard at all. All you hear is my soulful scream and then instant, in a snap, hush!

AN ANGEL!!!
Very beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing & I'm very sorry for your loss!!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,536 Times in 3,740 Posts

I've had some deep and profound experiences, I've been showered with LIGHT one time but I wanted to share just one experience. When my ex sold my family home. I could not believe it. I was devastated, I had lost a house that my great grandmother bought, where my grandmother and mother grew up, and the house I was born in. I threw myself on my knees and I cried out to God. Suddenly a light touched me and I heard a voice say do not worry, you will regain your house again, everything will work out.

It did, it took years of legal battles, money, my hard work but it did work out. The voice of the angel gave me peace within to continue to fight on and do the work to get my property back. Had I not heard that voice, I would have been too stressed to even try.
The Following User Says Thank You to esteli For This Useful Post:
+VERDE+ (11-30-2015)
Old 11-19-2011, 08:55 PM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 892 Posts

Chilling story! I love to hear stories of this nature.

I have also encountered an angel. I was in a terribly bad car accident (hit a semi broad side), I was sitting on my b/f's lap when the collision occured. He was out unconscious and someone came and pulled me out of the vehicle and placed me at the side of the road. I was sitting there sobbing and shaking and all of a sudden a man in plain clothes appeared and asked me if I wanted him to pray with me. I of course answered yes, then bowed my head and when he finished his prayer, I looked up to thank him and he was gone. I looked all over for him at the scene and asked everyone where he went and they said they never saw anyone fitting that description. Mind you, this man had no identifiable markings, as he was wearing a plain pair of blue polyester pants with a light blue button up shirt. He had no nametag or information on him at all. I cannot tell you what his face looked like. Vanished from the scene!

When I tell people this story they get chills, as I do too. My life was spared that day and I will always be grateful for my connection to something far more powerful than words can express.

Peace~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustBeingMe67 For This Useful Post:
+VERDE+ (11-30-2015)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,807 Times in 937 Posts

I believe that I have. My dad passed away in my childhood home. He was a diabetic for all of my life, so I learned at a very young age the different signs to look for and to know whether he needed more insulin or more sugar. When he had too much sugar in his system and would start to go into a diabetic "spell" needing insulin, he would sweat a lot and that sweat had a very sweet smell to it. Like the sugar literally coming out of his pores. Anyway....the first Christmas after my dad passed (he died in September) I was home alone sitting on the living room floor wrapping presents. All of a sudden that sweet smell was all around me. It was so odd. I thought I was imagining things and tried to talk myself out of it. When I finished with the gifts, I went back to my parents room (where my dad died) and put the wrapping paper away in the closet. The sweet smell got more and more strong the closer I got to his bedroom. Once in the room it was really strong. So I turned around and leaned against the bathroom counter and I said out loud "Dad, if you are here....please let me know somehow" Right then a little tiny white moth appeared and flew right up to my face and landed on my nose. Then it flew away and the sweet smell was gone! I've since moved twice to new homes and that little moth appears in every house I've lived it. When I'm feeling bad, it seems it just appears out of no where! I like to believe that is my dad. It's probably just coincidence and a different moth each time. But my heart believes that is my dad looking in on me from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using PrisonTalk

Last edited by NikNak88; 12-19-2011 at 01:23 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:25 PM

I haven't personally but my youngest son was drinking one nite and I told him not to drive, but of course he hopped in his car to go see his girlfriend who he had been arguing with. I prayed for him, when I realized he had took off.
Later as I slept I get a phone call from my son to hurry and come get him down at the pond, by the county fairgrounds. I get there and he is all wet and his car is down a steep embankment underwater in the deep pond. He said he had gave up when his car sunk in the water and he couldn't get out, but just as he started to give up..... a white light and a voice came shining thru the dark murky water and he was able to get out a window and climb up that steep embankment. So amazing! I can only thank God for sending an angel! And by some miraculous chance some teen girl appeared walking down road and he used her cell phone to call me. Yes I believe in angels!!!! I feel truly blessed God spared his life that night.

Last edited by RedWoman76; 04-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: added on
Old 07-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

I have had several close escapes from death and truly believe God sent angelic help at those moments or I wouldn't be here today.
Once,I heard a voice say wear your seatbelt,your going to be in an accident.It was before seat belt laws and I did.I had made a promise to be somewhere and didn't feel I could just not go.
A car blew through a stop light and though I was applying the breaks for a long distance,she hit the front of the car as she blew through the intersection and just missed killing me.She was visiting from a foreign country and wasn't too good at driving,as it turned out.I still have the scars.
I have several stories like that.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:37 PM

Nope. Not yet.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Olivia View Post
Nope. Not yet.
Yes my little sister past on from cancer also and i believe she was one of his angels
Old 10-29-2016, 08:47 AM

This is a true story about seeing and hearing an angel whom I consider to be my "Guardian Angel";

Psalm 34:7. The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.

Shortly after Jesus had found me I saw a spirit's profile with praying hands before my eyes. At the time, I thought that it was the dead and that they had the right idea by praying. Although, I realize today that Jesus hears the dead, but probably doesn't listen to them. A few days later I saw the same vision and thought the same thing. Again a few days goes by and I saw it, his whole spirit form, wings and all with praying hands and he began being dressed in white, starting with his wings, before he flew away. He has a beautiful slim figure - God had created his spirit form perfect for flight. When I had seen his hands closely the first two times, I had seen them so clearly that I could honestly say that he probably has fingerprints just like ours. About a week goes by and I heard his beautiful voice calling out my name. His voice is much more beautiful than any human voice. About a month later, after I had been persecuted by the dead, he stood by my bedside and put his head on mine, showing me that he loved me and cared. They truly are very loving creatures.

John 20:12. She saw two angels in white clothes who were sitting down, one at the head and the other at the foot of the place where Jesus' body had been lying.
The Following User Says Thank You to WayfareChild For This Useful Post:
strangeanimal (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:18 AM
Hey NO touchy..No touchy!

When I was a small child about 6yrs old or 7yrs, I was being raised by my mom as a single parent. She often went out to the bars, ,leaving me alone at nights. I had my own little ritual, I did while I was waiting for mom to come home..as I would not go to sleep unless my mom tucked me in. One night, my ritual of shows I watched ended..Love Boat then Fantasy Island..I would then listen to the announcement.." It's 11:00, Do you know where your children are?" After awhile I began, changing the reading of it..it's 11:00, Do you know where your mom is?...so usually after I hear that announcement. I shut off the tv, turn off the lights, sit on the couch's arm and look out the window for mom to come home..that window, looked out onto one main, busy street and a side street, and we lived on a corner and could see my mom coming, whichever direction. So there I sit still, barely moving, fetus position, hugging my knees, looking out the window, waiting...in total darkness..scared to move...I knew time was getting late, as the cars dwindled down, to barely seeing a car now...this particular night, I burst into tears, my fears got the best of me..I was scared, Where's my mom?, Whats happened to her? What if something happened? What if she is dead?..The tears wouldn't stop, they stung, as I sobbed and sobbed..crying out for her to come home...Come home and put me to bed, and tuck me in. I hope mom is alright, Please come home...then suddenly in the doorway of the living room, stood a figure that looked like my mom, but everything had a light blue colouring, skin, clothes, light around her..and she spoke to me. "Everything is alright, Go to bed and Go to sleep" I stared and listened I felt sudden peace, and went right to bed..I laid in bed, for a bit..thinking about, Was that my mom?..Why didn't I see her? or hear her come in?..so I then got out of bed..and checked all the rooms, living room, kitchen, her bedroom, bathroom, even opened the door to the basement, the closet and even opened the front door and see if she was on the porch...there was no sign of her. So instead of getting worked up with worry n fears..I listened to what I was told to do..I went to bed and went to sleep. In the morning..mom was home :-)