Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Account Closed

Post Update

Ok after some research I made a choice as to what to do about our phone situation.

Last week I got a t-mobile no contract plan with a set amount of monthly minutes w/free nights and weekends that had a local number to where he is at. I sent him the number and he called me on it a few hours ago. I checked and it cost us only $3.75 as compared to the $28. So, I am so much more relieved. We can now talk everyday and not end up in the poor house.

For me there were too many consumer complaints against magic jack and I had a few friends who had issues with vonage and the prison phone companies. So, I took this route my original choice and thank God it paid off. No matter what I chose our calls will be $3.75 at the local rate regardless. As for some of the local line services well I don't like the idea of autopay that i noticed some of them had.

It all comes down to what works better for your situation. As for mine T-Mobile no contract with a local number is awesome. I hate having more than one cell, but hey at least I get to talk to him.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM

I was also shock with the cost of calls, my brother was calling collect and it wa killing me. Some one told me about fdconnect and I didn't have anything to lose maybe it would save me money. Well it did, My brother can call me any time he wants and all I pay is 19.95 per month. You should check them out. 1-888-538-7603.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:22 PM

NC_Dragon. If you are still around, what does your plan entail? Any way to drop the bill on the phone is great. Did you have to buy a phone? What about the bill at T-Mobile's end? Are you using this for yourself and his calls too? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 PM

cons call home is no good like i tried it when my boyfriend first went in and the number that gave me did not work. i asked them for a refund and it took the 14 weeks to get my money back. we i looked in my account to see if it was there they only gave me back half my money cons call home is no good
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Dragon View Post
Ok after some research I made a choice as to what to do about our phone situation.

Last week I got a t-mobile no contract plan with a set amount of monthly minutes w/free nights and weekends that had a local number to where he is at. I sent him the number and he called me on it a few hours ago. I checked and it cost us only $3.75 as compared to the $28. So, I am so much more relieved. We can now talk everyday and not end up in the poor house.

For me there were too many consumer complaints against magic jack and I had a few friends who had issues with vonage and the prison phone companies. So, I took this route my original choice and thank God it paid off. No matter what I chose our calls will be $3.75 at the local rate regardless. As for some of the local line services well I don't like the idea of autopay that i noticed some of them had.

It all comes down to what works better for your situation. As for mine T-Mobile no contract with a local number is awesome. I hate having more than one cell, but hey at least I get to talk to him.
I don't know about where he is but if you're caught trying to circumvent the phone system in Colorado, he can be charged with defrauding the correctional telephone system...and it has been done here. They make a profit off of it and they don't like you or him messing with their money.