Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:49 PM

Default "Complimentary" phone calls...

I knew it was to good to be true...but it was nice while it lasted! For the past week...every time my guy called...we weren't deducted for our calls! At first I didn't pay much attention to it....then I was like no way! But tonight it's back to normal ...deducting for each call. I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways...because last week a close friend of mine & her husband were unexpectantly incarcerated....& I've had to set up a second account for her calls (I'm helping out with her kids & have to have contact with her). Of course this was an extra expense (as if I haven't been paying out the ass as it is for correctional calls)...so this helped to offest my expenses for calls. Has anyone else had "complimentary" calls like this before?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 AM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

yes they have went many days without taking the money out for the calls but it will catch up to you
Old 11-02-2007, 01:49 PM

they may not have been complimentary! Those calls might have been put on someone else's bill. If that person complains, saying those are not his/her calls, then the phone company will try to find out who they should bill - and they could find you and add those charges to an upcoming bill.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 AM

this is true, two weeks ago this happened to me, we had 3 comp calls, however now I put money on the account and Zap, after adding $25 no money was added to the account
Old 11-15-2007, 07:24 AM

Thats It! My Bils Are So High They Must Have Charged Them All To Me! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:59 AM

When pooky was in county, our calls were 12.22 minutes long, there was no recording like in prison (you have so and so minutes left), it just made a "clicking" noise at the one minute mark...well one phone call we ended up talking for 30 minutes strait...it would continue to click every 5 minutes....and each time we thought we would be disconnected but we weren't...we ended up with a free 17 minute extra call, it was never recorded on the phone bill cause he didn't have to call me back through the operator....That was sweet, but it only happened once

After 4.5 years...We made it... Feb 11th 2008- I have no clue where I am going from here

Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 AM

yeah this happens at times and when money is tight then it really comes in handy cause then i can get my calls till i get money to put on my bill. works for me. i figures out that tuesdays is when they add on all your calls for the past few days. thats what ive been seeing on my bill. they just dont post right away and its been good so far.

free at last, free at last, thank GOD almighty i'm free at last! not him, ME!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
shoey

If they call you just before they turn off the phone system...you will hear it click and then they don't charge after that!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:25 PM
<3

Dang you ladies are lucky.. LOL
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 AM

i don't know about anyone else but the calls in PA are tremendous. we get charged at least $7 per one 15 minute call. what a racket. i can't seem to figure out which method is cheaper...for him to continue buying calling cards or for me to keep accepting collect calls. either way, it's our money and we have to communicate.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Well, I guess you were all right. It's been a few weeks since my "complimentary calls"...then tonight when he called...the balance was like $65. He called back an hour later...it was $35. Tried calling awhile ago...& a recording came on saying "Someone from a correctional facility was trying to call...if you want to receive calls...add money to your account". I was like CRAP!!!! Usually our calls are around $3-$4 for 15 minutes. I went ahead & added funds...but NOTHING...NO CALLS! I have some VERY important news to share with him...& no way of talking. Sigh. He hasn't had a visit from anyone in his family since he's been in (8 yrs. now). He hasn't had any contact for that matter until me. No letters, calls, visits....nothing. I have been in contact with his family... his sister & brother are wanting to come for a visit before Christmas! Oh, why is this happening now? Sooooo frustrating!