Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Account Closed

Exclamation Judicial Release "Pulled"??

What does it mean when they have "Pulled" your Judciail Release? That is all it says. I don't have a clue about this stuff, so I'm asking for a friend. Help!

Thanks,
Tracy

It's sad I know so much more about Death Row stuff. Ugh!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Teacy
I am bot sure, but I ythink that it means that they have decided to not do the judicial release on the imnate. PLEASE don't take my word on that though because I an bot sure
I hope it is better news than that
Old 06-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Closed

Just telling us that JR was pulled is taking things out of context. It would help to know more. Was JR filed? How long ago? Has anything happened with the motion for JR or is THIS what has happened? Was JR already granted? Is he/she still an inmate?

Tell me more and I hope I can help. JR is one of the more confusing things...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Account Closed

He is still an inmate. It has been filed. Filed a month ago. This is what has happened. This is what I was just told.

T~
Old 06-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Closed

After doing some digging around and coming up with nothing, my professional guess is that the judge is considering JR. He's "pulling" all of the info on the inmate including his disciplinary file from the prison, his file on his original crime, and info on what he's done while in prison that might back up why he should be released.

Most people don't realize that judges have two "phases" to JR. First, an inmate files a motion for JR. Some judges deny it right off the bat (first phase) without even ordering the inmate to court. If a judge really wants to consider it, they'll get all the above info and order the inmate back to court. Just because they're ordered back to court doesn't mean it's being granted, however.

That's my two cents. Let me know when you do find out what's happening. I'm curious.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Account Closed

Thanks for the Information. He just got to his parent inst. on Saturday. He was in court for the JR, I do know that much. I was told her was there for about 5 minutes.

I will keep ya posted.

T~
Old 06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Closed

If he just got to his parent institution then he hasn't been in long, I'd assume. How long has he been in and how long is his sentence for? What county is this in?