Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:35 PM

I've only been able to visit my love once. For the most part the entire experience was one that won't ever happen again. From the issue getting a rental car...to the drive from san Diego to avenal...to getting lost....then finally arriving at my motel room. To getting only 3 hours sleep....to getting to the visitation.. To having to change 2 times....it was all worth it.. To be able to spend 6 hours with my love..and I'd do it again in a heartbeat...cuz I love him that much. Just sucks that I live so far away.
The Following User Says Thank You to maniacswifey619 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM

Default Dress Code...

Visiting my husband for the fitst time that I had previously visited my dad at three years earlier, I wore yoga pants, t-shirt, had 3 kids, youngest was 11 months, not yet walking and it was close to 95° degrees out. Needless to say, dress code changed. COs were nice though... but had to walk back down 82 stairs carrying 2 kids to go to store to buy something NOT form fitting and shoes or socks for baby who would not be touching floor. So in total I went up, down, up and back down 82 steps just to the processing center... another 2 flights to visiting room. Anything to spend those few precious hours with him. Now I always wear loose fitting jeans and shoes on all kids. Our youngest now walks and its winter but him being so little and the weather so hot that day my last thought was put socks on the baby... Not nearly as bad as visits when he was in county... going to see him was like going through hoops but everything we get checked for is because OBVIOUSLY someone clever and/or stupid did something dangerous or against the rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrso52413 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrso52413 View Post
Visiting my husband for the fitst time that I had previously visited my dad at three years earlier, I wore yoga pants, t-shirt, had 3 kids, youngest was 11 months, not yet walking and it was close to 95° degrees out. Needless to say, dress code changed. COs were nice though... but had to walk back down 82 stairs carrying 2 kids to go to store to buy something NOT form fitting and shoes or socks for baby who would not be touching floor. So in total I went up, down, up and back down 82 steps just to the processing center... another 2 flights to visiting room. Anything to spend those few precious hours with him. Now I always wear loose fitting jeans and shoes on all kids. Our youngest now walks and its winter but him being so little and the weather so hot that day my last thought was put socks on the baby... Not nearly as bad as visits when he was in county... going to see him was like going through hoops but everything we get checked for is because OBVIOUSLY someone clever and/or stupid did something dangerous or against the rules.

I appreciate this thread and all the comments. It just might come in handy for me. I'm curious on whether a woman visiting another woman in prison will be as difficult. I just started writing her for the purpose of hopefully getting a pen pal system going in prison where the inmates can help others in NOT following in their path.

I can see it coming where she will eventually want me to visit. I think when it comes to prison visits the thing to remember on clothes is try to imitate an old Pentecostal grandma. Or think mrs. Doubtfire.
The Following User Says Thank You to anon5 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Old 12-27-2014, 11:21 PM

why is there no contact visits
Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 PM

wow! Thank everyone so much I am approaching my first visit and this thread has helped a lot. Gonna start choosing shirts now as I am very top heavy.

Great Thread

Missing my Soulja!
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 AM

Well I'm going for my first visit next weekend . I plan on calling before to make sd ure I'm allowed since I haven't heard cause my bf can't call out of his mins for the mth. What should I expect as in what to wear I've read no open toe shoes dress code etc what's up with under wire bras? Please help
The Following User Says Thank You to arnsangel For This Useful Post:
SlightLeaJar (02-15-2016)
Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 PM

no underwire bra- no sleeveless shirts- no shorts- nothing green, khaki or navy,
The Following User Says Thank You to April282017 For This Useful Post:
arnsangel (07-10-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 02:28 AM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsangel View Post
Well I'm going for my first visit next weekend . I plan on calling before to make sd ure I'm allowed since I haven't heard cause my bf can't call out of his mins for the mth. What should I expect as in what to wear I've read no open toe shoes dress code etc what's up with under wire bras? Please help
Did you go on the particular prisons website regarding their rules? It can change depending on location. Always have a spare (few?) options in the car. Underwire bras? You don't want to set off the metal detector. I always say dress fairly casual and conforming the first time and pay attention to what others are wearing to gage certain particular local rules.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Ugg I'll never be able to visit, as I basically require underwire bras with my 36DDDs. Anything else simply doesn't hold me in.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenwyn View Post
Ugg I'll never be able to visit, as I basically require underwire bras with my 36DDDs. Anything else simply doesn't hold me in.
I'm a 36 DDD, I found this wireless bra at Victoria Secrets. Cost $50.00 too much and isn't comfortable after a few hours but made me look decent, support was ok and comfortable vs wearing a sports bra looking ridiculous!
The Following User Says Thank You to Darlazs For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon5 View Post
I appreciate
[b]
I think when it comes to prison visits the thing to remember on clothes is try to imitate an old Pentecostal grandma.

Or think mrs. Doubtfire.

I like this comment (see highlight) ICAM As other lady cited here, you're like a 36ddd? I am not fat, slender built,(5'8 & a 1/2 out of heels,and quite very busty built like 44-46ddd natural.)I ,as you have issue at buying such underwire type bra's,it has to be that type,and so far i've not had a issue at prison visit lol "So far."

Always dress "down i call it."As down as you're feasibly able to.

I sure do! LOL even in summer when i get to go that is,since we are hours away from each other, till at least anothe 5 to 8 or so months,but i wear my
Flats...(not even high heels at al)I wear sneaks, regular everday flat-shoes & i wear a regular "baggy tee long length,by waist area,per say," and loose fit sweater,or a sweat hood even sometimes, with baggy denim, sometimes tight fitted,but rarely, and or jog pants too i wear loose fit yoga type pants,i also wear a Long skirt down to ankles,i like those anyhow lol so it is ok. And so far never had 1 issue,thank God. Glad soon it is over for us, and he will be home.
I've seen people so pi#sed off, for being told in front of everyone you have to go home/and or a nearby gas station and change your clothing etc.,but i know each prison has their own security/policy so but i wish it was not always so "strict"as i met a few who was so angry saying, "I drive 2 to 3 long hours or 5 hours to see their father or brother,cousin or boyfriend,fiancee,and or husband etc., but now? Have to go all the way back home,so BRING 1 extra loose outfit just in case."I know i do."
-
Do not give your "all" to some guy who is not showing you through "action."
-
Remember, he is #J.A.M.("Just another man.)

"DON'T let him break you.".God knows what es best for all of us."#Smile #LiveWell #DontSettle.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlazs View Post
I'm a 36 DDD, I found this wireless bra at Victoria Secrets. Cost $50.00 too much and isn't comfortable after a few hours but made me look decent, support was ok and comfortable vs wearing a sports bra looking ridiculous!
I get mine from VS as well at times, and another store specialize online who has so far, knock on wood,hasn't failed me yet. But can be yes costly,but worth it for wireless type et.al.,
Darlazs.
-
Do not give your "all" to some guy who is not showing you through "action."
-
Remember, he is #J.A.M.("Just another man.)

"DON'T let him break you.".God knows what es best for all of us."#Smile #LiveWell #DontSettle.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
I get mine from VS as well at times, and another store specialize online who has so far, knock on wood,hasn't failed me yet. But can be yes costly,but worth it for wireless type et.al.,
Darlazs.
What other online store? Please share? As a women with large breast, you know support is a must and no wire makes it hard to look cute!! Lol
Old 05-16-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
Darlazs.
What other online store? Please share? As a women with large breast, you know support is a must and no wire makes it hard to look cute!! Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Darlazs For This Useful Post:
SpaciKC (07-04-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Account Closed

Always follow the dress code and have your ID!
I learnt the first part the hard way when I went and saw a friend at the jail, no shoulders showing allowed!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:53 AM
PRAY HARD

Well, I'm glad I read through this! I have been with my MWI for around 5 years, and will come face to face for the first time on 7-1-17. I've studied up on the do's & don'ts of the visiting room, and picked up a few things here I otherwise wouldn't have thought of. I'm grateful for the info about the ion scanners. I am a practicing Rastafarian, and needless to say, have been a little worried about the ion scanner! I've also been worried that my dreadlocks might hold traces of THC, so I've been taking extra precautions. We had to fight pretty hard to even get me on her list, so I know they'll be watching me like a hawk, and am well aware that when they run the scanner over me, it will NOT be random selection! Thanks to all for posting your experiences!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April282017 View Post
no underwire bra- no sleeveless shirts- no shorts- nothing green, khaki or navy,
If its federal no white shirts no white pants no shirts with pictures on it like RIP shirts