Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,587 Times in 6,729 Posts
Default Fall/Winter Joys, Concerns and Prayer Circle 2016/17

Having spent my entire life in a traditional "Summer is warm, Fall is cool, Winter is cold" state, I'm finding the shift from scorching heat to mild, sunny Fall in the desert a challenge. I miss the leaves, the rain, the fuzzy scarves that start popping up on public transportation. I miss the familiar signs that Fall is here.

But there are signs that Fall is here, or at least on its way. The air conditioning didn't kick on one time last night. The swarms of bats are a bit thicker and appear earlier in the evening. My dog asks to lounge on the porch instead of her bed next to the floor vent. It isn't that the signs are absent, but that I need to change my idea of the signs I look for.

Are there spaces in your life that are asking for a perspective shift? Let this transition from long days to short, from one wardrobe to another, be your gentle reminder that you have thrived in many seasons and you will thrive in what is to come if you are open to it.

As a reminder:
If you need a prayer/good thought/healing energy (whatever term your faith or tradition embraces), it is welcome here.

If you have a joy that you want to share, here's the spot.

This is for all denominations and traditions.
There will be no debating of whose truth is "right".
This won't be a good place for asking questions about the details of another's religious/spiritual practices, just a safe space for dropping your cares and counting your blessings.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-07-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2016, 02:16 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Let this transition from long days to short, from one wardrobe to another, be your gentle reminder that you have thrived in many seasons and you will thrive in what is to come if you are open to it.
Thank you - this was lovely and gave me much needed comfort and a little boost for the coming months

As for signs of fall; last night I slept with my bedroom balcony door open through the whole night....the wind was blowing quite hard and I could almost hear the birch trees outside my building start dropping their leaves. I was thinking, in the darkness, that these are probably the last nights that I am even able to leave the door open...soon the frost will set in and after that, snow... ugh. One day I might be living in the desert area where you are now, but for this year....yup, the sun has started to change its color to a colder hue and the wind is picking upspeed. I simultaneously love it and hate it as I am completely a summer person by heart...
Old 09-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Donation Award 

Prayer Request Please:
For my husband in Chino who is 70 and has now lost his 7th tooth. His health is not good and I have called several times and left messages with no call back to try and find out if his medical paperwork ever reached Chino. When in reception at Wasco, their computer crashed and "they" said they lost his records on the computer, which is not true because I scanned, printed and mailed them hard copies. I went to his doctor's office and scanned every single thing myself. I sent them to Wasco with his signed waiver and a Power of Attorney for them to send me copies of all his records since incarcerated, which they did do. I am simply trying to make a copy of what I have and get these to the doctor at Chino or the medical records department or both. He is not getting follow up with medical that was supposed to happen months ago, He is now 4 months past due and it was carcinoma cancer. Please pray that someone cares enough to follow up on this and he be seen by someone competent. We have great medical insurance and I pray we can start a petition to let those that do have it be able to use it, at least their Medicare which we now pay for because they stopped his social security and it was taken out of that. This is so wrong. I believe "they" are double dipping because they did use his Medicare for some of the transports we paid for a year or so ago. They were supposed to use the outside contractor that is contracted to that county jail.

2nd Prayer Request:
My friend is in the courtroom right now and they are picking a jury . I pray that God is the true judge and any deceit and lies against her husband are exposed.
Please pray for them.

(WE WILL BE 78 YEARS OLD)

I PRAY THE LORD KEEPS US BOTH IN HIS CARE.

Last edited by TLC2; 09-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: typing to fast and left out some important facts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TLC2 For This Useful Post:
CristinaR (09-29-2016), miamac (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 AM

This year has been "odd" where I live. The windy season February and March arrived in April and May. The sun scorched all plants the winds hadn't uprooted. The rainy season July came mid August and is still here. Today looks like the cold season may be starting, I'm definitely taking out the jackets to prepare.

We don't get snow. The cold seems colder here without snow.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC2 View Post
Prayer Request Please:
For my husband in Chino who is 70 and has now lost his 7th tooth. His health is not good...
2nd Prayer Request:
My friend is in the courtroom right now and they are picking a jury . I pray that God is the true judge and any deceit and lies against her husband are exposed.
Please pray for them.
I pray God wraps his hands around your husband, that He comforts you in this time of frustration and worry. I ask the he guide those in court today to make decisions that meet the needs of those asking for his mercy. In His name, Amen.
CristinaR (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC2 View Post
Prayer Request Please:
For my husband in Chino who is 70 and has now lost his 7th tooth. His health is not good and I have called several times and left messages with no call back.

2nd Prayer Request:
Please pray for them.

God Bless your husband 🙏🏻 and friend. Plus a great Big (((HUG))) to you

Jesus is with US in Life's Storms.
We are never outside of Gods watchful eye and his abiding presence.

Psalms 4
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness. You have relieved me in my distress have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
In Jesus name Amen.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:12 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

My husband got the word he's being moved. This stuff always makes me so anxious, just all the unknown and having to reorient and begin again. My prayer is for his safety, for a facility that supports growth and encourages those trying so hard to create change for themselves. I pray that he finds a stable cellmate, that he isn't sent far from me and that this be our last move. Amen.
CristinaR (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
My husband got the word he's being moved. This stuff always makes me so anxious, just all the unknown and having to reorient and begin again. My prayer is for his safety, for a facility that supports growth and encourages those trying so hard to create change for themselves. I pray that he finds a stable cellmate, that he isn't sent far from me and that this be our last move. Amen.
Father God is with you both. Father God, please put a hedge over Mia and her husband, give them hope and faith. Listen to there prayers help them over come any fears and worries. In Jesus name, Amen 🙏🏻 .

God watches over his children and our needs.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 9,013 Times in 3,808 Posts

Prayer request please for a much loved grandma Betty who is in hospital with pneumonia and not responding to treatment. She is in the UK and is 80 years old. She loves all her grandchildren and great grandchildren and she is a independant and strong lady she needs prayers and we are praying for her health and strength to recover,
Thank you

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-13-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Prayer request please for a much loved grandma Betty who is in hospital with pneumonia and not responding to treatment. She is in the UK and is 80 years old. She loves all her grandchildren and great grandchildren and she is a independant and strong lady she needs prayers and we are praying for her health and strength to recover,
Thank you
Lord, please wrap your healing hands around Betty as she fights through this illness. Surround her loved ones with your grace and mercy so that they may be of help to her in her time of need. We ask this in Jesus' name, amen.

She sounds like a strong woman, Maytayah. Big hugs to you.
maytayah (12-13-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

If you're traveling, visiting or staying in with a warm cup of cocoa, may all the PTO family have a safe, loving and spirit-filled Christmas.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
CristinaR (12-26-2016), maytayah (01-07-2017), Sarianna (12-24-2016)
Old 01-03-2017, 06:58 PM

Default Undated information

My boyfriend called today. He suppose to have a 15000 Bond. But thank God the judge drop his Bond to 2500. So now we still gotta wait I guess for the next court date to be sentence. I guess.... so I just still need yall prayers...
Old 01-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

I need prayers, I just don't know exactly what to ask for. My best friend back home phoned this evening to tell me her mom has advanced bone cancer. I love this girl and her mama so much it's like learning my own mom was diagnosed.

I want to jump on the first plane and be there to hug her mama and to take my friend away from it for a while. I'm sad and feeling so far away from people I want to be there for.

So whatever the prayer looks like for that, I guess that's what I'm asking for.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:51 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
I need prayers, I just don't know exactly what to ask for. My best friend back home phoned this evening to tell me her mom has advanced bone cancer. I love this girl and her mama so much it's like learning my own mom was diagnosed.

I want to jump on the first plane and be there to hug her mama and to take my friend away from it for a while. I'm sad and feeling so far away from people I want to be there for.

So whatever the prayer looks like for that, I guess that's what I'm asking for.

AWWWW...I'm truly sorry. God is with them and also with you.....

This is a prayer for Guidance: Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct your paths.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:26 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
AWWWW...I'm truly sorry. God is with them and also with you.....

This is a prayer for Guidance: Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct your paths.
Thank you, Nica. I was able to find a reasonable flight for end of the month. I can't wait to wrap them up in my arms and hug them.
Nica (01-04-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:07 AM

Hi guys. My boyfriend went to jail in August he is currently in a county still going through trial. Around Christmas I got a phone call from one of his friends saying he's in the hole. He's been in the hole before for fighting but never this long. I'm worried sick and it's hard watching your significant other go through this type of stuff so please keep us in your prayers everyone.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:01 AM

Wow sooooo now we find out that my boyfriend can not Bond out because it was another probation officer from another city put the warrant out on him. It's reaching down deeper into the issue.. so please keep my family in yall prayers. Today is my boyfriend birthday and we were hoping to get him out today @ least he would of been free on his birthday @ least 4 a little while. But now we can't do nothing else until monday... praprayers seriously...
Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,051 Times in 14,745 Posts

Sending an abundance of positive energy for those that need it today Stay strong!

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 9,013 Times in 3,808 Posts

For all those of us supporting a friend or loved one through a hard time.

Lord,
I would love to be with my friend as she manages such hardships.
I would love to hold her hand and whisper words of comfort.
I would love to change her situation and bring new happiness.
I would love to give her peace as she lies to rest.
I would love to wake her with new hope every morning.
I would love to know how to lead her through this hard time.
I would love to bless her with peace and joy and hope.

You are closer, stronger, wiser than I.
You are with her, Heavenly Father.
You are with her, and will hold her and protect her forever.

I trust in you.

Amen.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-07-2017), patchouli (01-07-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:24 AM

Default funeral today

Please pray for us as we lay my best friends dad to rest. I called him dad too. He always made me laugh and helped anyway he could. God bless us all.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:29 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,051 Times in 14,745 Posts

Sending much positive energy to you, your friend, and all his family/friends . I'm so sorry for the loss of a loved one

Old 03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasflower08 View Post
Please pray for us as we lay my best friends dad to rest. I called him dad too. He always made me laugh and helped anyway he could. God bless us all.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as though he left many loving memories for you to hold. Big hugs and prayers for you and family.
Closed Thread