Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Extended Family
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Extended Family For the grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins of inmates.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM

Unhappy Prisoner in prison hospital servere health issues

Doe's anyone know how to help a prisoner ( its my nephew) who has served about 4yrs of a 7yr term who has to be hospitalized for the duration of his sentence because he has severe epilepsy that they cannot control. He had a stroke about 6 wks ago. He's 38yrs old. Is there any way to get him out and put in a regular nursing home? He will always be ill, there's no cure and they cannot control his seizer's/tremors. I don't see him as a threat to society at all...he is permanently disabled. He has severe tremors and can't even walk, this is permanent damage.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,776 Times in 636 Posts

I am sorry to hear that he is in a prison hospital. Hopefully someone who knows how the Ohio DOC works will come along and be able to answer this for you. I do know that in Texas they have to finish their sentence at whatever unit they send him to regardless of whether it's a medical unit or not. Having said that, I don't know about Ohio but most everyone that I know who has been to a prison hospital here, preferred it over the regular units. I am praying for some relief for you and your family.

Waiting, I have been in perpetual waiting. At the end of the waiting, my family will be reunited and complete. Until then, I will keep waiting, praying, and loving each one with patience and strength. I love you all, I miss you all....until that day comes.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:10 AM

I think you need to get in touch with the health care provider and tell them you feel his care is inadequate. In AZ it is corizon health. Talk to the DOC doctors that examined him about his condition and see if they can refer him to such a level of care. Maybe they are waiting for him to see a neurologist off premises ? If the neurologist agrees to do it the DOC will have to comply. If they dont you can sue.