Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 05-17-2019, 09:49 PM
Donation Award 

Default ConnectNetwork not finding my husband for messaging

Hi all. Short version of the story: my hubby and I use the gtl messaging daily. I haven’t received messages, neither has he in 3 days. I created a whole new account and tried that but his inmate id is coming up not found... he’s still listed under messaging in my other account. Other inmates at his facility are receiving messages so we don’t know what’s going on and calling gtl was almost as pointless as the facility. Anyone ever experience this?? TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
Hi all. Short version of the story: my hubby and I use the gtl messaging daily. I haven’t received messages, neither has he in 3 days. I created a whole new account and tried that but his inmate id is coming up not found... he’s still listed under messaging in my other account. Other inmates at his facility are receiving messages so we don’t know what’s going on and calling gtl was almost as pointless as the facility. Anyone ever experience this?? TIA
Hi! I had the same issue. I couldn’t add him from my phone app so I had to go directly to the ConnectNetwork.com website and I was able to add him from there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calderone89 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-23-2019), Sarianna (05-19-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 10:45 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone89 View Post
Hi! I had the same issue. I couldn’t add him from my phone app so I had to go directly to the ConnectNetwork.com website and I was able to add him from there.
It worked!! THANK YOU! So I guess we’ll test if he gets it next cuz we’ve received nothing in 3 days. Thanks again!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-19-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
It worked!! THANK YOU! So I guess we’ll test if he gets it next cuz we’ve received nothing in 3 days. Thanks again!!!
You're welcome!! I'm so glad it worked! Is your loved one in Menard?
Old 05-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
You're welcome!! I'm so glad it worked! Is your loved one in Menard?
He was he’s at Pinckneyville now
Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 PM

That’s awesome!! That’s where mine is trying to get transferred to! Any info you can give me is very appreciated! Thank you!!
Old 05-23-2019, 07:10 AM

I was having that same issue yesterday on my phone app and online. But within an hour or so it corrected itself and I was able to send a message. I've gotten messages from him over the last 2 days, but I sent 2 on Tuesday and I usually get a "it's been delivered" email when it's been approved, but I didn't get any for those 2.... not sure what's up with that.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Donation Award 

Smile

Quote:
That’s awesome!! That’s where mine is trying to get transferred to! Any info you can give me is very appreciated! Thank you!!
I FINALLY got messages yesterday and he got mine. Not sure what the problem was. So about “pettyville”.... hour out in morning, one in evening. They alternate between 815am & 115pm, 530pm & 630pm. They cancel dayroom on thursdays for commissary. So if it’s his rotation for 815am out it’s gone. There’s 8 phones for 135 inmates. They alternate which cells get popped first so everyone has a chance to get to the phone. Mine calls every day for at least 5 min but if you aren’t affiliated it’ll be like 2x a week they can get to a phone. The phones are run that way. Every third day he gets a turn for a 30 minute call, and even then it’s cut. So every hour out 16 people can use the phone (out of 135). It’s pretty ridiculous, we barely ever talk. The messaging helps though. They usually only get 45 out not the whole hour. They don’t even get a pillow when they get there they have to buy one. They have the 2nd highest lockdowns in the state, they locked down 2 weeks ago becuz someone fell out of chow line. They denied my husbands father and sister to visit becuz their first names are the same as his ex & son who have the same first names-not last, just first. When I called to get rectified they said too bad wait thirty days and resubmit. The positives-if you have a short sentence it’s easy to get into classes. The mail turnaround is great, usually the day after it gets there. I get letters in about 4 days. If you want to get married there, the process is pretty short like 2 months or so. There’s a hotel across the street you can just walk over. The hotel & gas station will hold your belongings for you even if you didn’t stay there (I’d never do that). No cell phones allowed in building at all, not even in the lockers. The CO’s are pretty cordial. Lots of female staff there. There are no mental health services at all becuz they haven’t been able to hire a qualified person in 2 years. They give extended visits pretty easily and don’t call in a Lt. to approve or check how far you live. That’s about it!!

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Last edited by jessesgirl1111; 05-23-2019 at 09:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I FINALLY got messages yesterday and he got mine. Not sure what the problem was.

GTL online updated to let you use your email instead of username to log in as of yesterday. I bet that had something to do with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
GTL online updated to let you use your email instead of username to log in as of yesterday. I bet that had something to do with it.
That’s right! Has to be it...

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 05-23-2019, 11:00 AM

man i was scrambling to figure it out when the app and the website said there were no messages in my inbox or outbox, and that he wasn't on my list and i couldn't add him. gave me a mini heart attack - i've got some good messages on there!!! lol