Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Question How to find a list of approved HWH? I'm so lost!!!!

Hello my son is in Chicago federal prison and has asked me to look into HWH in Evansville, IN. I've tried googling it but I'm just not sure I'm coming up with the right results. Everything I come across says nothing about prison or inmates? This is the first & hopefully the last time I've ever dealt with the prison system so I'm really not sure what I'm looking for. Is this even something he would have a choice of or does he get assigned somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help you all could provide.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2018, 10:57 PM

Thanked 1,203 Times in 609 Posts

They would place him in the HWH closest to where he would most likely be living. There is a HWH in Chicago, but not sure if there is one in Evansville. He will get approved for HWH placement about 6 months prior to being released, and to which federal hwh.

Here's some info on where to look re the RRM (residential re-entry management) aka HWH. I don't see anything in Evansville, IN but maybe this is an old list.

https://www.bop.gov/business/rrc_contracting.jsp
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 05:41 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,335 Times in 11,848 Posts

He will be assigned to a HWH by his unit team case manager, so he can make his preference known in a team meeting. Many HWHs are located in big cities, which can bring its own set of problems.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodi24 View Post
Hello my son is in Chicago federal prison and has asked me to look into HWH in Evansville, IN. I've tried googling it but I'm just not sure I'm coming up with the right results. Everything I come across says nothing about prison or inmates? This is the first & hopefully the last time I've ever dealt with the prison system so I'm really not sure what I'm looking for. Is this even something he would have a choice of or does he get assigned somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help you all could provide.
Melodi, I'm located in Evansville. Not sure when we will be seeing the PO or my husband's lawyer but I will try to ask one of them when we see either of them.

You could also try calling the probation office at 812-434-6450 and see if they could give you some information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 AM

The PO May be able to provide basic information on facilities in the area, but placement is completely controlled by the BOP as fbopnomore described. The PO has MINIMAL involvement until he completes his halfway house (prison sentence) time.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free At Last 5 View Post
The PO May be able to provide basic information on facilities in the area, but placement is completely controlled by the BOP as fbopnomore described. The PO has MINIMAL involvement until he completes his halfway house (prison sentence) time.
I understand but I would think that they would be able to tell of any HWH available that he could request as that is what I am seeing as what she is searching for. As we know the BOP will do as they please but you cannot get what you want if you don't at least try and ask.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:52 AM

Thank you all very much for your help. I forgot to mention I live south of Springfield, IL & he will be living with us when he comes home. The problem is, he was working at the HWH in Springfield when procedures weren't followed & well now he sits. I know he can't be placed there of course but it seems weird that they would consider Indiana? Also I'm kind of afraid that because he got in trouble breaking federal rules while working in a HWH, maybe it's going to be harder on him while staying at one when they find out what his charge was. Idk he should call today and I'll dig into it a little deeper with him today and see what exactly has been said. Again I thank you very much and I'll give an update cuz I'm sure I'll have even more questions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melodi24 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-08-2018), Sarianna (10-08-2018)