Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Problem with overseas calls. Advice anyone?

My girlfriend is incarcerated in Florida. I live in Germany, which causes some problems when she wants to call me. In March 03, my girl put my # on her phone list, but she still canít call me. When she tried to call me there was first a recording that said: This number does not validate. Then we changed the # a little bit and now it says: This call cannot be placed due to billing problems. I changed my phone company to see if thatís the problem, but to no avail. Iíve really no more ideas what else to try. If anybody has an idea, please let me know. I would love to hear her voice for the first time. Has any of the Europeans ever received a call from a prison that uses MCI? If yes, please let me know. Any idea is appreciated.
If my # was 04321-1234567, what would you have dial to call me in Germany?

Thanks
Sascha
Old 01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Sweetums

Hey Sascha,
it's best to ask Phil... him and Joey also had problems in the beginning, but as far as I remember they figured it out in the end... it's in an older message... I'll see if I can find it. But unfortunately it doesn't work for everyone, don't ask me why! But when Jules tried to call me here in Wien, he always got an recorder error message.

The internat. access code for Germany is +49, right?

-Susanne-
Old 01-31-2004, 05:15 PM

Yes, I'm in contact with Phil, but it doesn't work for them either, but their problem is a little different to mine. Yes 49 is the country code for Germany, but you have to dial 001 or 011 or anything before 49. We tried both, but neither of them works.

Thanks for the input
Sascha
Old 01-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Sweetums

Yeah, I know it really SUCKS.

Okay, here's the message I was referring to:

"Well I got a PM from Savannah, the french PTO member whose honey is in Florida. She asked him how he did to call her. He doesn't dial 011 BUT 01 plus country code plus phone number. For instance, to call me, it would be 01 33 142 00 XX XX. Then he gets an operator, and he must tell this operator that it's an overseas collect call, code 11."

This was posted by Phil a while back.

If this still doesn't work, maybe send an e-mail to the prison where your girl is at and ask them?
Good Luck!!!

-Susanne-
Old 01-31-2004, 06:06 PM

I have in mind that for some reason this doesn't work either, but we haven't tried it yet. So maybe I'll give it a try. She has to update her phone list in March, so there's still some time to figure out how it works.

Thanks
Sascha