Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Parole, Probation, Pre-Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation, pre-release/treatment centers, or release in Missouri should be posted here.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:13 PM

Default Extradition

My boyfriend was pulled over for no FL driver license. They checked him and found he had a warrant in Missouri. So now he's in custody in county jail. Does anyone know maybe how long Missouri will take to respond if they will come get him or not? He charge in Missouri was for possession and warrant was issued for violation of probation. I know after a certain time, then Florida can let him go right? I'm just praying that they won't come get him.. It literally happened the day before I was going to move in with him
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2015, 11:35 AM

Default Freaking out

My man was extradited from NM to MS a week ago today and I still have not heard nothing!!! He's not in the facility yet. Please someone tell me some good news or something. I can't handle all this.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,484 Times in 2,024 Posts

Yes, you CAN handle this. What are your options?

It's either deal with things as they are or get out of the relationship.

There's NOTHING about jail life, prison life or an illegal life that's written in stone. A life loving an inmate means guaranteed uncertainty. It means things could change at any time. It means sometimes going weeks with no communication.

You either learn to cope, walk away or have melt downs.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:46 PM

You're right. I can either deal with it or get out. It's not an easy ride but I love him, and love makes you do crazy things. I will get through this just like the rest of Prison Wives.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Owned

Thanked 4,484 Times in 2,024 Posts

Yeah, it's a tough life, but it's what one does when in love.

That and hope and pray he turns his life around so you'll only have to deal with this version of hell one time!
patchouli (09-12-2015)
Old 09-12-2015, 02:22 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,716 Times in 16,935 Posts

Keep yourself busy while you wait to hear from him...use that nervous energy to your advantage; don't let it use you.

As long as I've been doing this journey, I still hit the occasional dip in the roller coaster. Allow yourself to grieve, then dust yourself off and keep on keep'n on

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janeeet08 View Post
My boyfriend was pulled over for no FL driver license. They checked him and found he had a warrant in Missouri. So now he's in custody in county jail. Does anyone know maybe how long Missouri will take to respond if they will come get him or not? He charge in Missouri was for possession and warrant was issued for violation of probation. I know after a certain time, then Florida can let him go right? I'm just praying that they won't come get him.. It literally happened the day before I was going to move in with him
While there is a rough window of time in which he could be released if Missouri did not make arrangements in a timely matter, the Missouri warrant will not just go away. One way or another, he is going to need to tend to it...otherwise, your current situation will repeat itself again and again. Further, Missouri prosecutors will KNOW he is aware of it and a failure to travel to take care of it (if they don't pick him up this time) will make things worse when they finally do get it on the docket.

EDIT: Oh hell...I just realized the original post was a year ago and the thread got bumped today. I'm keeping the answer here though for anyone else who gets popped on an old warrant and where extradition doesn't occur the first time around.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-12-2015), suzanne71 (06-11-2017)