Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home > The Countdown
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Countdown Post your final countdown threads and discussions here!

Old 11-17-2017, 05:59 AM

Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
Your daily posts put a smile on my face. I unfortunately, have the opposite type of countdown. My husband SS in 19 days. He has a list of projects to finish so everything is in order before he reports (i.e. getting his Estate docs up to date, his mother's in order, me as POA, cleaning his closet, cleaning files out, his office, many other tasks). Ironically, he also has a list of restaurants he wants to check off and eat at before he goes away. I am sure, he will have the same list when he gets out of where he wants to eat at the minute he gets out! Crazy how we all think this way.

I myself have also been purging and updating my own personal stuff as well as wanting to know where all vital records are in case they are needed or there is an emergency.

Unfortunately, I don't really cook much, so mine doesn't see many home cooked meals and won't be when this is over. LOL.

Your posts are inspirational, and I will continue to follow your daily posts, because I will know when your 320 days are over, it will be about 6 months after yours, so I will consider that road to the finish line!!

Best wishes to you and yours!
I couldn't imagine knowing he was going and preparing it all and not losing my mind. But it's smart to get things in order your doing the right thing. And thank you for your support. I do my best to help in any situation. And I also try and stay as positive as possible it's the only way to get though this and makes the time go fast. I miss my husband so much. My husband cooks most our meals but I've been practicing lol. He likes his food.
Your time will go fast to just do all you can to stay positive and never let him feel when you are down. It helps. I will continue to visit this page after my husband comes home so I will see your homecoming as well.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:00 AM

319 & a wake up.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:44 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,971 Times in 14,720 Posts

Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I couldn't imagine knowing he was going and preparing it all and not losing my mind. But it's smart to get things in order your doing the right thing. And thank you for your support. I do my best to help in any situation. And I also try and stay as positive as possible it's the only way to get though this and makes the time go fast. I miss my husband so much. My husband cooks most our meals but I've been practicing lol. He likes his food.
Your time will go fast to just do all you can to stay positive and never let him feel when you are down. It helps. I will continue to visit this page after my husband comes home so I will see your homecoming as well.
Trying not to lose my mind and be strong for him! It's been a long road as it was almost 3 years to the day from his indictment to sentencing. A lot of unnecessary delays, not by our choice. Without the delays, he would be done with this already and it would be past us. Just trying to focus and look to the light at the end of the tunnel for when it is truly behind us for good once and for all!

I don't enjoy cooking and my husband doesn't even know how to light a match! Hah. That is definitely not going to change while he's gone. I think these last few weeks will whiz by until he leaves, and then just going to try to take it one day at a time and hope the weeks fly by once he is gone too. Focusing on my kids and what they need to do and being there for them should help keep my mind off of him being gone and time going by faster I hope. I also have to know my limits and that I am not Wonder Woman and can't do it all. Otherwise I'll have major burn out and not be good to anyone!

Thanks for your support as well! Have a nice weekend and a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:55 AM

Everything will be ok. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

318 & a wake up
Old 11-19-2017, 05:45 AM

317 & a wake up.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:14 PM
C0ME H0ME

401 days. I hate counting days lol 13 months sounds so much sooner.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee143 View Post
We count down to everything. Stay positive it will go fast.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I agree with you, however, you're almost in the 300's and that's a milestone!

I think I will go crazy counting days initially (mine has 18 mos - good behavior; we'll know the exact amount after he gets there apparently), so I'm going to try to do it as 1 week at a time and then knock off 7 days in one full swoop.

This sounds lame, but I take a bunch of medicine every day, and eventually between my vitamins and what I had to take, half the time I couldn't remember if I took my pills, so I finally bought one of those pill containers that I put my pills in for 7 days (you know what old people use?). So of course, I still forget sometimes, but at least I can see now that I forget! Anyway, after I go through 7 days, I refill. I am always pretty amazed at how fast 7 days go by, so I'm hoping with him in prison, I will feel the same way and then will just go X off 7 days each time I fill that damn thing off my calendar.

Speaking of calendars, I thought I read somewhere that they don't allow calendars in the prison? Is that true? If so, why the hell not? Again, we're going to a camp, so if someone knows if that's the case at camps or not, please advise.

Also, if I order him a NY Times Sunday subscription, does anyone know if they get it on SUndays, or how that would work?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
Bee143 (11-22-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 08:24 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:

I think I will go crazy counting days initially (mine has 18 mos - good behavior; we'll know the exact amount after he gets there apparently), so I'm going to try to do it as 1 week at a time and then knock off 7 days in one full swoop.

This sounds lame, but I take a bunch of medicine every day, and eventually between my vitamins and what I had to take, half the time I couldn't remember if I took my pills, so I finally bought one of those pill containers that I put my pills in for 7 days (you know what old people use?). So of course, I still forget sometimes, but at least I can see now that I forget! Anyway, after I go through 7 days, I refill. I am always pretty amazed at how fast 7 days go by, so I'm hoping with him in prison, I will feel the same way and then will just go X off 7 days each time I fill that damn thing off my calendar.

Speaking of calendars, I thought I read somewhere that they don't allow calendars in the prison? Is that true? If so, why the hell not? Again, we're going to a camp, so if someone knows if that's the case at camps or not, please advise.

Also, if I order him a NY Times Sunday subscription, does anyone know if they get it on SUndays, or how that would work?

Thanks
I think you would have to call the prison and ask them.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:02 AM

316 and a wake up
Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
C0ME H0ME

Quote:

Thanks
I didn't even think about that 300s milestone! Thank you for noticing and telling me. I know exactly what you mean about the 7 days. Every Monday I get back into my weekly mode and think wow, another week down. My guy is in a camp also so at least visits are a little more personal. I have no idea about calendars but I think it would be sort of a good idea, some people serving long sentences could have a hard time counting days. I'd hear guys saying how close their time is to be home when they're still looking at 4 years. So to some serving longer, 4 years is closer than 15 but.. It's probably a way to keep mental health in tact.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I didn't even think about that 300s milestone! Thank you for noticing and telling me. I know exactly what you mean about the 7 days. Every Monday I get back into my weekly mode and think wow, another week down. My guy is in a camp also so at least visits are a little more personal. I have no idea about calendars but I think it would be sort of a good idea, some people serving long sentences could have a hard time counting days. I'd hear guys saying how close their time is to be home when they're still looking at 4 years. So to some serving longer, 4 years is closer than 15 but.. It's probably a way to keep mental health in tact.
Mine will be in a camp too, so hopefully it will be bearable, although not in sunny CA, but in freezing MN, so won't be going outside for any visiting time for months after he is in there.

Once he's there, we'll have to find out about the calendar thing, but I can't imagine people can't make a calendar. But year, 4 years is a lot less than 15, but still a long time. When we thought my husband might have a 3 year sentence, all I kept thinking about was how my kids would almost be out of college and my youngest out of high school by the time he was home, and all the technology changes he would miss. I already can't imagine in 1-1/2 years what he will miss with technology and the learning curve he will have to adapt to. He is not tech savy, and not big on change, but once he gets it, he of course like most others, can't figure out what he ever did without it!

Of course, I won't miss showing him constantly how to use the scanner.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM
C0ME H0ME

400 days to go. btw that's also how many days there are until Christmas 2018 haha.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
400 days to go. btw that's also how many days there are until Christmas 2018 haha.
Is his release date actually on Christmas of 2018? That is cool. Ours will be either Feb or Mar 2019 (depending if my husband chooses to go to HWH or not, and assuming he gets the good credit which he better!) Maybe they will let him out a day early! Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. Does he go to a HWH or HC then?
Old 11-20-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Yay find my other thread and we can chit chat there to. Loved one coming home in 2018
Old 11-20-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Mine will be in a camp too, so hopefully it will be bearable, although not in sunny CA, but in freezing MN, so won't be going outside for any visiting time for months after he is in there.

Once he's there, we'll have to find out about the calendar thing, but I can't imagine people can't make a calendar. But year, 4 years is a lot less than 15, but still a long time. When we thought my husband might have a 3 year sentence, all I kept thinking about was how my kids would almost be out of college and my youngest out of high school by the time he was home, and all the technology changes he would miss. I already can't imagine in 1-1/2 years what he will miss with technology and the learning curve he will have to adapt to. He is not tech savy, and not big on change, but once he gets it, he of course like most others, can't figure out what he ever did without it!

Of course, I won't miss showing him constantly how to use the scanner.
My husband sentence was 38 months. I thought for sure it would be unbareable but we are making it. Hang in there.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
My husband sentence was 38 months. I thought for sure it would be unbareable but we are making it. Hang in there.
38 months? Then you are really in the home stretch! Yay! What is your other thread called, so I know where to look?
Old 11-20-2017, 04:55 PM

Yes we are....it has gone so fast. I can't believe we are almost there.

It's called. Anyone with a loved one coming home in 2018 let's talk
Old 11-20-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Yes we are....it has gone so fast. I can't believe we are almost there.

It's called. Anyone with a loved one coming home in 2018 let's talk
I'll go to it, but technically I don't qualify since we don't get out until early 2019.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I'll go to it, but technically I don't qualify since we don't get out until early 2019.
It's ok we will still be here for support when he comes home.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:48 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Yep ya'll, Countdown threads are for Counting Down the last year The private message system works well for conversations as the threads really should stay on topic to the OP (Original Poster).

Old 11-21-2017, 06:51 AM

315 & a wake up
Old 11-21-2017, 06:33 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award