Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Whats your BIGGEST fear that you have?
That he will cheat (either on the inside or after) 153 15.79%
That he will re-offend 245 25.28%
That he will get hurt in prison 280 28.90%
Other 291 30.03%
Voters: 969. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2009, 12:39 PM

My biggest fear is that my boo will loose focus of his goals when he comes out. I dont know not how to think that way. Im really scared.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&d7 View Post
i know theres been a lot that i worry about. But for me, the thing i'm most scared of is not even whether my bf will do something stupid again coz i dont worry about that.. But its the thought of losing him when this is all over. I still have that little insecure thought at the back of my mind even though he's never done anything to warrant it.

Oh and i voted for "other" ..
hey i feel u on that. He always tells me to stop thinking like that my little insecurity always seems to enter its way into my head. I dont know
Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 795 Posts

My biggest fear right now is that he has been down so long that he may have a difficult adjustment to being home. I want everything to be smooth because he has already been through so much.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:42 AM

My biggest fear is that he will become accustomed to the system....I don't want him to just sit there stressing but I don't want him to think that its ok to be in there....
Old 12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
queendrury

my biggest fear is that he wil get killed in prison. if he makes mistake #2 and goes back in i can handle it and i will go on with my life. that is in his hands and out of mine.if he gts killed i will never be the same.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Reuniting on 11.o2.12

Hmmz I guess my biggest fear is getting hurt its not just towards my man its just in general I've been through so much in life and have been hurt so many times - so that's always been my fear and he knows it. He tells me not to worry about it that we will be ok and that he isn't going to hurt me - so I try to let that go but its still there in the back of my mind at times.
HEz STiLL MY B0O!!

0ur Motto is: "To be SUCCESSFUL, you need to build a LOVING foundation"
Old 12-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Closed

My biggest fear...I answered other...because my biggest fear is that after him being locked up for over 16 years since the age of 14, the adjusting to society will be so difficult, I'm afraid I will not be strong enough to help him get through it. I fear that it will all be more than I can handle and I will let him down somehow.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:15 PM
#JKKL #224

i have 2 fears.. one related to me and one related to him, for me i am terrified that he will not want to be with me when this is all said and done. I know in my heart that it totally related to my own self esteem issues, becuz i have an amazing man who loves me fierce and shows me every day, who values loyalty and respect above all, and who has pledged himself to me and my(our) daughter( he wants to adopt her) irrational , maybe but real none the less.. the second is that i am afraid for him when he comes out.. he is a diff man than i met 4 yrs ago and i know that myself and daughter are partly the reason for that with all the love we give him.. but i kno the streets are a powerful drug . and it is soo hard for ex offenders out there.. he had NO luck in 5 months finding a job at the Pre-release. hoping it will be easier when he is actually out.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Banned

I am most afraid he will never get out
Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 AM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,523 Times in 2,245 Posts

My biggest fear is that I'll ride this bid out with him, he gets out, and we don't make it.

But...I just have to keep bringing back to my remembrance...God didn't give me the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Last edited by Miss_A; 12-30-2009 at 01:05 AM..
Old 12-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Somebody Please???!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post
My biggest fear is that I'll ride this bid out with him, he gets out, and we don't make it.

But...I just have to keep bringing back to my remembrance...God didn't give me the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
same here...... in God I trust....
Old 12-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Account Closed

my biggest fear is that i grow apart from him. Currently i am a college student and by the time he gets out i will hopefully have my phd. he has 10 yrs left. I just fear that as i go on with my life in the real world we will mentally go on different paths. I try to make him a part of everything like when i just graduated i sent him pictures to have him enjoy my special day but idk where the path i am going down will take me n who i might meet along the way. I love my baby without a doubt n know there is no other man for me but it seems like we live in 2 different realities. I will be a doctor of psychology when he gets out n he will be an ex offender who will have a hard time getting a job. I told him i will take care of him when he gets home but im scared he might slip into his old ways selling drugs n i cant have that. Idk i pray for the best. I also fear for his well being in there and pray everyday for his safety. Oh yeah and i want a son someday but when he gets home i will be 38 n to me thats too old for kids, im praying this crack law changes and his appeals shed some of his time. Ugh!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
come on 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post

That is one of my biggest fears. My best friend boyfriend got out 2 weeks ago. She put the down payment on the house and everything and now he doesn't want to move in with her. She said he is acting really funny towards her now. I'm praying that doesn't happen with us.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:53 AM

That he will trust people who are not good for him when he comes out and shut me out again. He needs to talk to me about his money worries, his fears and not try to hide it all away from me. Its all lovely now, I am the one he talks to and listens to. But if he doesn't get a job straight away, I really hope he is patient and has realised the harsh consequences we are both going through for this
Old 01-01-2010, 10:00 AM

my biggest fear is not knowing whether prison will change him for the good or bad. he didnt have much time in there [[3 months]] but they've been on lockdown since hes been there.. they're off now but i hope his attitude and heart does not turn cold from this experience.

EST. 11.21.06
Old 01-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Account Closed

Honestly, I fear that he will never get to see freedom again. Being a lifer in CA this is a very real situation, in my heart I know something will change someday but my head at times brings up this possible reality.

It's not fear for myself, I know what Im in for and Im here til the end but I fear for My Hubby actually thats something that makes me sad for him quite often and it's the one thing I dont have the heart to talk to him about.

But in saying this I dnt let this consume me and live 99% of the time just happy that he's in my life.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:06 AM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

I fear that when dallas comes home that he is going to open some businesses again and be full or ego and leave with everything for someone younger i dont know why
Old 02-25-2010, 04:41 PM

i think my biggest fear is that he will get in trouble on the inside and never come home. his sentence is 20 years and i pray everyday he will be able to see our daughter graduate and walk her down the asile someday. i need him to come home.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM

my biggest fear is he will get shanked again last time he was in he got in a fight and got stabbed im scared that if it happened again it would be worse and he would die in prison and he would never gett to see our daughter or eachother again

~ they can keep us apart but they can never take you from my heart~
Old 02-25-2010, 07:05 PM

I think my biggest fear is him not changing!

"Love is running into his arms, colliding with his heart, and exploding into his soul!"

Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Love over Fear
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,254 Times in 755 Posts

that he won't learn to love himself
The Following User Says Thank You to decoprincess For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (03-16-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
waiting patiently

One of my biggest fears for some reason is that something will happen and he won't be able to get out on his release date. Like he'll get extra time added on or there is a mistake or something. I know realisticly that won't happen but I really do worry about that alot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joshsgirl431 For This Useful Post:
BlueEyedEllie (03-16-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangloverswife View Post
i fear that he won't be able to get a job when he gets out...well a decent paying one..because we are young yet, and want to have a family...so badly...and i know he's not gonna get hurt or anything like that cause he's in a camp....i just want to ensure we'll be able to have a normal life..
i feel the exact same way! we are so young... can we make it work? i hope
Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
My heart belongs to you

I voted for other. My biggest fear is that after this roller coaster of a ride is over he will leave me. We've only had 1 real faling out, and he reasures me that he will always be here. But this whole things could end up changing him so much that the man he is when he comes home might not be the sameone that I have now : (
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 AM

I biggest fear is that he will come home and pick up where he left off, and start hangin with his idiot friends and walk backwards right back into prison...