Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:07 AM

Default Federal Facility at Coleman on Lockdown

If anyone has relatives serving time at the Federal Facility in Coleman, Fl, USP 1 has been on lockdown since last Wednesday and all visits for all facilities (except the Camp) were cancelled indefinitely. If you're planning to visit anytime soon, I strongly recommend calling before you go. Luckily, I'm on 3hrs away so the blank trip wasn't that big of a deal for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dank For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-11-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2016, 02:56 PM

Default hello

Hi any idea whats going on? my husband is there and I haven't been able to know whats going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank View Post
If anyone has relatives serving time at the Federal Facility in Coleman, Fl, USP 1 has been on lockdown since last Wednesday and all visits for all facilities (except the Camp) were cancelled indefinitely. If you're planning to visit anytime soon, I strongly recommend calling before you go. Luckily, I'm on 3hrs away so the blank trip wasn't that big of a deal for me.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:07 PM

Not sure what's going on, but I stopped a guard in the parking lot and of course he couldn't give details, he just said this usually happens when there has been an incident with an inmate & CO. I went inside and they checked a list and assured me that my son was ok. Has to be something serious because like I said all facilities, with the exception of the camp, cancelled visitation. Hopefully, they'll lift the lockdown soon because tomorrow makes 1 week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dank For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-12-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:29 PM

Received an email this morning and the lockdown at Coleman has been lifted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dank For This Useful Post:
AsaL (12-06-2018), fbopnomore (04-13-2016)
Old 06-18-2018, 08:00 AM

Does anyone know what’s going on with Coleman 1 they’ve been on lockdown for 3 weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to ToFaswife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFaswife View Post
Does anyone know whatís going on with Coleman 1 theyíve been on lockdown for 3 weeks
Itís was a riot with inmates and guards apparently, my fiancť wrote me a letter telling me that they could possibly be in lockdown for 1 month maybe 2! Iíve been calling and canít ever seem to get anyone to answer if you find out anything let me know please and thank you !
Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayashiaj View Post
Itís was a riot with inmates and guards apparently, my fiancť wrote me a letter telling me that they could possibly be in lockdown for 1 month maybe 2! Iíve been calling and canít ever seem to get anyone to answer if you find out anything let me know please and thank you !
Hey thanks for replying my bf told me the same thing he said he heard they should be off lockdown before July 13th just got a letter from him yesterday and thatís what he said the rumor was but he doesnít know how true that is...and yes they NEVER answer the phone all I do is call the number and press 1 but that doesnít tell you anything except the visits are cancelled hopefully they will be off soon Iím goibg crazy not talking to my man...if you hear anything else from your fiancťe please let me know thank you
fbopnomore (06-19-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Hey thanks for replying my bf told me the same thing he said he heard they should be off lockdown before July 13th just got a letter from him yesterday and thatís what he said the rumor was but he doesnít know how true that is...and yes they NEVER answer the phone all I do is call the number and press 1 but that doesnít tell you anything except the visits are cancelled hopefully they will be off soon Iím goibg crazy not talking to my man...if you hear anything else from your fiancťe please let me know thank you
Wow July 13th thatís horrible smh! Well at least now i have a date in mind because it doesnít help not knowing at least and expectant date smh ! But hopefully itís much sooner thanks so much for sharing this information and if I happen to hear anything Iíll make sure I respond here and let you know ! Because I know how it feels itís so hard trying to stay sane through this not being able to talk to them makes everything worse ! Praying we both get a call soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Nayashiaj For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Wings4life1029
My fiancee' told me the same thing . I yesterday( 6/19)called between 2pm an 330pm . I talked to a female officer, An was told they r on lockdown till further notice. No date yet to come off LD..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wings4life1029 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-20-2018), ToFaswife (06-21-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings4life1029 View Post

Wings4life1029
My fiancee' told me the same thing . I yesterday( 6/19)called between 2pm an 330pm . I talked to a female officer, An was told they r on lockdown till further notice. No date yet to come off LD..
Yes i called and spoke to someone as well, it truly sucks they canít even give us an estimate date of how long this lockdown is going to last this makes things so much harder on everyone If anyone gets letters and hears anything else please post it here so everyone can at least be informed thanks hoping we all receive calls soon
fbopnomore (06-21-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 04:20 PM

Anyone got new updates on Coleman I ?? I know I got the Father's Day cards I sent back. Showed returned -greeting cards.. I called the mail room at Coleman I as To ask why my greeting cards was returned .I had sent greeting cards before., I was told we could no longer send in greeting cards to the inmates . The inmates could only get letters on white paper ,white envelopes an no cards. Not sure why ,they didn't give me a reason

Last edited by wings4life1029; 06-24-2018 at 04:23 PM..
fbopnomore (06-24-2018), ToFaswife (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Anyone got new updates on Coleman I ?? I know I got the Father's Day cards I sent back. Showed returned -greeting cards.. I called the mail room at Coleman I as To ask why my greeting cards was returned .I had sent greeting cards before., I was told we could no longer send in greeting cards to the inmates . The inmates could only get letters on white paper ,white envelopes an no cards. Not sure why ,they didn't give me a reason
Yeah my bf told me the same thing he said he didnít know why but you could no longer send colored envelopes or cards or anything like that only letters would be accepted he didnít know why either prob people trying to smuggle things into the prison but he said in the most recent letter I received that they for sure should be out of lockdown on July 13th so hopefully thatís the right date and they will be out that day thatís all i heard so far but Iím sending a letter tomorrow so I will ask has he heard anything else about the date the lockdown should be over
fbopnomore (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 08:52 PM

First time I have been on in a long time. I need to re-learn the system. Con anyone tell me what it is like at the Coleman, Florida Low? Most of the posts I see on here are from years back. Just wondering how often they go on lockdown, is there much violence there, are there SO there and are they separated, what is the food like, what are the guards like, etc. My son is going there and we are trying to get a feel for the place. I read that they can not receive greeting cards, magazines or books from outside. Is that true? That is cruel. Do they have microwaves, can they do their own laundry and what is visitation like? Will be so grateful for a response as soon as possible. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBT53 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 10:27 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,296 Times in 12,848 Posts

So far they can still receive books from outside. In Low security prisons, paperbacks can be sent directly from home, but hardbacks have to come from a bookstore or the publisher through the US Post Office. It was supposed to change, but there was so much complaining that they killed the book changes, at least temporarily.

I hope someone who is familiar with Coleman will answer your other questions.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah my bf told me the same thing he said he didnít know why but you could no longer send colored envelopes or cards or anything like that only letters would be accepted he didnít know why either prob people trying to smuggle things into the prison but he said in the most recent letter I received that they for sure should be out of lockdown on July 13th so hopefully thatís the right date and they will be out that day thatís all i heard so far but Iím sending a letter tomorrow so I will ask has he heard anything else about the date the lockdown should be over
I sent off a letter on sat. Hopefully I hear something soon too. Thanks for any updates . I'll update when I hear something too.
The Following User Says Thank You to wings4life1029 For This Useful Post:
ToFaswife (06-25-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I sent off a letter on sat. Hopefully I hear something soon too. Thanks for any updates . I'll update when I hear something too.
Got a letter from loved one yesterday he said now theyíre saying they should be off lockdown before July 13th he didnít give a date but said now theyíre saying it should be before July 13th
fbopnomore (06-26-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 04:58 PM

Does anyone have any new updates on the Coleman 1 lockdown?
Old 06-29-2018, 09:47 PM

All I've heard is off ld soon.. no date was given he said. On or before July 13th.. when u call if u can talk to some one all they say is till further notice. An they r very rude .. will keep u update
ToFaswife (06-30-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Default Coleman I lockdown update

I just got a letter today from my fiancť ,an he said they're talking about letting them off lockdown after the Fourth of July ...lets keep Our fingers crossed and hope that's true. I will keep everyone posted
fbopnomore (06-30-2018), ToFaswife (06-30-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 12:48 PM

Omg thanks so much...from our lips to God's ears that this is true i got a letter today too but he just said soon he didnt say that soon.. hoping this is true!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:24 AM

Me too ,I keep praying.. the staff there seems to be so wishy-washy. They (facility staff)usually tell them one thing and then something else happens. I'm so tired of The facility crap. Let's kee our prayers goin for lockdown to b lifted ..
ToFaswife (07-02-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:44 AM

just another update guys got a letter today and he said it was another incident involving two inmates on the way to the shower so the facility is talking about keeping them on lockdown for another few weeks....he says they're not going to let them off lockdown until everyone can behave however at this point it's hard to do because everybodies patience is wearing thin as everybody is tired of being on lockdown smh..so ladies right now its not looking good for us...sorry keep praying
fbopnomore (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 06:20 PM

I was so hoping they were getting off lockdown. Now I'm sad.. thanks so very much for the update.. prayers for everyone..
ToFaswife (07-06-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 10:01 AM

Hi .. Has anyone heard from there men at coleman 1? The last letter i recieved was from 06/27 . I havent heard from him and i wrote him 3 letters already . Im really worried . I was told from a C.O last week that the faciltiy should have been off of lockdown 2 days ago . Im becoming beyond annoyed and its becoming very hard to focus without knowing anything . Could someone enlighten me , please .
The Following User Says Thank You to Artps2021 For This Useful Post:
ToFaswife (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 10:05 AM

hey i received letters from my fiancee all last wee the last one was friday and obviously havent heard anything this weekend hoping for a letter mondayy he said everyone was fine just hoping to be off lockdown my fiancee said they may get a couple of more weeks because another incident happened so they dont know when theyre coming off lockdown maybe your man ran out of stamps and stuff thats why you havent heard from him but im sure hes fine try not to worry i know its hard and were all going crazy not talking to our men but hopefully they'll be of lockdown soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToFaswife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-08-2018), Sarianna (07-08-2018)