Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Brother reporting tomorrow to FPC Montgomery

My brother is reporting to a FPC Montgomery tomorrow pm. We are a very close family and I am very distraught about all of this. I have two small children who adore him and i worry about the time apart for them. We are planning on visiting a lot. HOw are the visiting areas? What about sending mail and packages? what about phone calls? What type of programs do they have there?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Sister, Sister

This is my sister ya'll. Be sweet and help her out, if you can.

Thanks and I'll see you in less than 33.

Chad
Old 11-14-2005, 06:12 PM

HollyO................Welcome......I have only found this site less than a week ago. Since then, I met your brother and as he may have told you, I have the same attorney that one of his co-defendents used. Anyway, I am lucky enough to find this site early on in my case. I will probably be asking you a ton of questions as Chad gets settled. I come from a very close family and I also have my brother indicted with me. Very unsettling for all of us. My brother has two young boys and was living on the bay in Destin. Bad things can happen to good people. I know this to be true to me personally and it sounds like that is the case with Chad as well..........This has Stay in touch and PM me anytime........tomorrow is one day closer to this thing being over.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Welcome HollyO. You will find this site very helpful and in many ways. I certainly have. We can help answer your questions or just be here for you to vent. I have pm'd with your brother. I will help you as much as I can.

When you arrive for a visit, you have to park and ride a bus to the camp. When you get to the camp, you have to fill out a visitor form- only takes a minute. Make sure you know the tag number, year, make, and model of your car. If you do not know Chad's #, they will look it up for you. Once the form is checked, he will be called. You are admitted in and he will be there soon.
Also, you should take money for the vending machines. You will also need $1.00 to buy a debit card to put money on for the machines.

Visiting areas: One very large room. Lots of vending machines. You can plan on having lunch/snacks there. Microwaves are available. There is a area with a TV for the kids. They can check out games and movies, paper, crayons, etc. The room has lots of seats and small plastic "end type" tables. There is also an outside space which is really nice to have. Picnic tables, a sandy area for the kids and a grassy area for them to play. From there you can see part of the grounds. Lots of flowers to look at. Visits are very relaxed. I was there this past weekend along with my children. Everyone has been very nice at visitation.

MY thoughts are with you and your family tonight. I remember this night oh so well.
Hang in there.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,825 Times in 1,600 Posts

Just a tip but you can use the PTO Search feature to dig up all this information and more, as well as browse the federal forum.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:17 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

First, Chad good luck to you. 2nd Hollyo welcome, I am sure your brother has told you what a great site this is. You will find many friends and lots of support.

CATHERINE
Old 11-14-2005, 11:20 PM
WRITER/PRISON ADVOCATE

Be sure to check out the sibling forum, great support there. I also have a brother in prison.

CATHERINE