Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 01-01-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey2017 View Post
That was the most recent I found, too.

Rockchalk1- another resource I found was a listing of the BOP clinical practice guidelines. It includes one for dental health which you may want to download and read. Since I can't post links yet, do a google search for "BOP: Health Management Resources". You'll find it listed on the BOP webpage that lists clinical guidelines for many medical conditions. Best of Luck to you.
Thanks! Just as I thought, not on formulary. I am amazed though that something I pay out of pocket for over $100 each month, IS on formulary. My own group insurance won't even cover it! At least he was approved to get his other meds in hand without having to go into the pill line, so that is something. Now if he just doesn't get sick in the next year, although doubtful since he's already had a cold and he told me one of his roommates has a constant cough (hope it's not something like whooping cough) . But at least thank god he at least had a flu shot. I do assume when you're in close quarters with other people, it is common to get sick, however, the fact that it is frigid there and you have to go outside to go from building to building does help kill some of the germs!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-01-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynntred View Post
It is really appalling to me that there is a lack of even basic medical treatment in some of our prisons. My friend who is in a state jail has had a bad cough and has been very ill. I mean, really? He could have TB! He gets sick all the time too because they serve chicken that is still raw on the inside and the food trays are not washed.
Lots of city jails will serve the t.v. dinners, but they will be partially frozen on the inside. That can't be good for the health either.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:13 PM

So my husband who has the periodontal disease and filling out the paperwork for the dental visits just got the best response. They told him he is on a waiting list and will be seen in 18 months. It’s funny because he won’t even still be incarceratedbin 18 months the idiots!! His release date is March, 2019! I know there are a shortage of dentists, but come on, why not just give the option to private pay? They’re glad to take our money if we owed restitution, I’d be happy to pay his commissary for him to not lose his teeth!!! Thank god he’s at least able to floss, brush, and use the proxabrush thing like crazy but good dental hygiene is so important.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-02-2018)