Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, community service, half-way houses, and ex-offender employment in Michigan should be posted here.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,787 Posts
Default How long before my husband's release will the parole officer visit our home

Was just wondering if anybody knew I've been cleaning out cubbyholes drawers under the beds closets Etc etc. Trying to get ready for this home visit I know the last time he was in which was 8 years ago they never even came to her house but I assume they will be coming this time but I'm not sure how close to him coming home that they will show up. will they call me ahead of time or just show up at my door? because I work three jobs and I'm barely home so I don't want to miss them does anyone know?
Old 07-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Was just wondering if anybody knew I've been cleaning out cubbyholes drawers under the beds closets Etc etc. Trying to get ready for this home visit I know the last time he was in which was 8 years ago they never even came to her house but I assume they will be coming this time but I'm not sure how close to him coming home that they will show up. will they call me ahead of time or just show up at my door? because I work three jobs and I'm barely home so I don't want to miss them does anyone know?
Parole officer called and came out about 2 weeks before release walked thru house had to make sure we had water and electricity. had to make sure there were no guns or computers in home Was never a problem with alcohol or drugs so got to keep wine
Old 07-14-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
Parole officer called and came out about 2 weeks before release walked thru house had to make sure we had water and electricity. had to make sure there were no guns or computers in home Was never a problem with alcohol or drugs so got to keep wine
Did the parole officer call you and set up an appointment or did he just show up because that's what I'm worried about. I work three jobs so I'm very really home unless it's after 10 p.m. and I know he's not going to come out that late so I'm worried about him just showing up a few times and then giving up and then denying the home placement.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Did the parole officer call you and set up an appointment or did he just show up because that's what I'm worried about. I work three jobs so I'm very really home unless it's after 10 p.m. and I know he's not going to come out that late so I'm worried about him just showing up a few times and then giving up and then denying the home placement.
He did call and planned to come out during the next week and I told him I would be gone on a certain day (eye surgery) On the next day I had a follow up eye apt and he had called and told me he was placing him in commercial residency. When I explained and reminded him that I had told him about eye surgery he scheduled to come the next Monday for placement here. Hopefully you can pinpoint day and time for appt
Old 07-15-2018, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
He did call and planned to come out during the next week and I told him I would be gone on a certain day (eye surgery) On the next day I had a follow up eye apt and he had called and told me he was placing him in commercial residency. When I explained and reminded him that I had told him about eye surgery he scheduled to come the next Monday for placement here. Hopefully you can pinpoint day and time for appt
See that's what I was afraid of they could be assholes sometimes I guess I'll have to give him a call maybe a month before he supposed to come here if I haven't heard anything and see if I can talk to him before he decides to call me or whatever thanks for your response.

Last edited by nygirl17; 07-15-2018 at 05:15 AM..