Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 PM

Default Current felons on probation visits.

Hi there! My husband will be riding out to prison soon and I am a felon currently on probation (on a completely unrelated case). Iím in good standing with my P.O. and have been for the past 2 years that Iíve been on probation. My P.O. told me that itís up to the warden of whatever prison he ends up at and that they will ask for my P.O.ís recommendation (which he said that he will state that he sees no probalem with me visiting my husband) but that itís ulitmately up to the warden. I was just hoping to hear from people who have been or are in the same situation and have been given visitations and how long it took for you to get approved.
Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 11:20 AM

Thanked 5,952 Times in 3,104 Posts

I don't know about Michigan, but in everyplace I've ever heard of it's a NO. It was one reason I fought charges so hard years ago because I knew my husband was going to go to prison and in Florida where we lived I could apply the prison could approve it but you can get arrested for going to visit. I saw it happen at the county jail all the time. Only once at a prison.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I don't know about Michigan, but in everyplace I've ever heard of it's a NO. It was one reason I fought charges so hard years ago because I knew my husband was going to go to prison and in Florida where we lived I could apply the prison could approve it but you can get arrested for going to visit. I saw it happen at the county jail all the time. Only once at a prison.
Wait...why would I get arrested?? I have no pending charges against me, Iím in good standing with my probation, have no warrants, etc. my P.O. is well aware of my situation right now and has no problem with me being in contact with my husband (including visits) even though we are both felons. They would have absolutely no grounds to arrest me if I was approved prior to the visit.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 PM

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellygordo View Post
Hi there! My husband will be riding out to prison soon and I am a felon currently on probation (on a completely unrelated case). Iím in good standing with my P.O. and have been for the past 2 years that Iíve been on probation. My P.O. told me that itís up to the warden of whatever prison he ends up at and that they will ask for my P.O.ís recommendation (which he said that he will state that he sees no probalem with me visiting my husband) but that itís ulitmately up to the warden. I was just hoping to hear from people who have been or are in the same situation and have been given visitations and how long it took for you to get approved.
Thank you!!
Yes you will be able to visit your husband in prison and it's definitely up to the warden to allow it so when it you send in your application go ahead and send a letter from your PO because they're going to ask for one anyway. And you won't be arrested unless you have warrants so don't worry about that. I wasn't in the same situation and it only took me a week to get approved in your situation it might take longer so get online print out your application get it filled out get your letter and just be prepared to send it out as soon as he arrives at his prison the sooner the better.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Yes you will be able to visit your husband in prison and it's definitely up to the warden to allow it so when it you send in your application go ahead and send a letter from your PO because they're going to ask for one anyway. And you won't be arrested unless you have warrants so don't worry about that. I wasn't in the same situation and it only took me a week to get approved in your situation it might take longer so get online print out your application get it filled out get your letter and just be prepared to send it out as soon as he arrives at his prison the sooner the better.
Thatís exactly what I was planning on doing. Iím just really nervous that theyíre going to deny me. I was almost thinking about sending a letter in that I wrote to the warden so that he knows how much it means to me and that thereís no risk for him by having me visit but I donít want to do that and end up pissing him off? And yeah, I was like 99.9% sure that I would not get arrested for just going there to visit unless there was something else going on.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:23 PM

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellygordo View Post
Thatís exactly what I was planning on doing. Iím just really nervous that theyíre going to deny me. I was almost thinking about sending a letter in that I wrote to the warden so that he knows how much it means to me and that thereís no risk for him by having me visit but I donít want to do that and end up pissing him off? And yeah, I was like 99.9% sure that I would not get arrested for just going there to visit unless there was something else going on.
No I wouldn't write the letter to the warden I would just get the letter from your PO and send it with your application I hope it doesn't take very long.