Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Australia / New Zealand Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Australia/ NZ General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat General Topics & Discussions dealing with Aus/NZ prisons, local laws & legal issues etc. If it doesn't fit into any other Aus/NZ forum post it here!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 AM

Unhappy Feeling sad...and hav no one to talk to...

This year is a sad year for me. So many things happening...so where do i start. Today i went to the hospital for a Diabetes check. I am 7 months pregnant. And now MORE bad news. they think i have diabetes. Im so scared about my pregnancy. Giving birth, Raising the child. Everytime to settle myself then something happens, I am not coping very well. My hubby is not around and neither is my sister this year for Xmas. The people i rely on the most are not around. I was really looking forward to Xmas but now i just hoped time past really quickly. When i go to the shops, i see people walking with their friends and family, everyone with a smile on their faces, Christmas shopping, buying gifts for friends and family, and i just hang my head down.instead of christmas shopping i had so many bills to pay. Before i relied on my Hubby, but now that he is not around i went to Centrelink for Support. Not only did they not help me, but i felt like they treated me like a criminal. They gave me so many paperwork to fill out, they asked me who my partner was, and what he is doing. I Said that he is in Jail and they treated me like a crim too. i turned to them for support and look what i get in return. Its not like i am a bum, Im 31 weeks pregnant...not exactly fit to work NOW AM I. I felt so sad and depressed. Other family members have not yet known what happened to him. It so hard. I have been staying at home and not talked to my friends, so they obviously wont be around this christmas. I know that i should not be depressed and sad now cos it will affect my baby, but i just cant help it. With Christmas in a couple of days then New Year, Then my Birthday and His birthday and the Birth of Our Daughter soon after that...i know he will be very sad that he is going to miss all that...and so am i... but i dont want to tell him...and have no one else to share with...So i hope you dont mind me sharing it with you guys....
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 11:06 PM

Hello, Please know that you are not alone. We are all here for you.
I know it's hard when you can't open up to people and tell them exactly whats going on. People judge so quickly. Can you call a help line,
womens info? 1800 817 227 they may be able to refer you to the help you need right now. There is help, and you are entitled to it.
Talk to your man as a way of sharing feelings and worries. Relationships are about the ups and downs of life. Be strong and healthy for your little one. You may have the type of diabeties that you get only in pregnancy.
Just the body trying to cope with the extra luggage
Thinking of you and sending you happy thoughts.
Sandy
Old 12-19-2006, 12:01 AM

Just know that you are never alone. We are all here to help each other. You need to make staying healthy for your baby a priority right now. And like Sandy said, talk to your Hubby about how you are feeling. You will be surprised how much it will help. I keep a diary i write in everyday, and when my bf gets home, he will read it. I also write to him daily, that way he knows just how im doing. Somedays i write pages and pages, and others days not much at all. I am in QLD and he is VIC so letters really are all we have. He finds helpful to write to me daily also. It really does help to get it all off your chest. I strongly recomend it to anyone. Best of luck, and remember you are never alone.

PS join us on Wednesday night for chat
Old 12-19-2006, 05:30 AM

You poor thing. I wish I could give you a very big hug right now. Dont ever say sorry for having a sad moment. We all have them all the time, and that is the great thing about here, we are all here for eachother.
Im the same when it comes to centrelink. DH was the money earner and then I had to have parenting payment to support me as well as paying $200 a week rent, it was just not happening. I have just finished paying off some of the bills that got behind.
Do you have any other family members near by that can help you out?
Dont forget, we are here for you.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 AM
Member from down under

Hey there, Please do things for yourself. This time will pass and yeah it does take time. I find when I feel like this I need to walk for relaxation.
PTO is here to listen and advise as best we can. Post away, we have the daily chat room where you can speak to any members daily.
Communication is one of the most important things for you and your partner during this time. I at first held back not wanting to upset him or stress him out any more, but I have found that telling him how I am feeling and what is going on has given us a closer and stronger bond.
As for centrelink there is a complaints line that you can ring and get some action on your request, I found I had to do for myself when I came across this situation.
This year I had most of my family move interstate so they are not around, I have found this hard to deal with as I realied on them for support so much and they have gone.
It takes time to adjust to all of this. You are not alone, you are part of the PTO family, just a key touch away.
I am sending you lots of HUGS and SMILES,

Time Flies it is the days that take forever, but you cant have my Hubby forever!

All I can do is make the most of what's left.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:15 AM

Thanks alot guys....For being there in time of need.Im so glad i found my way here.... Today i moved away from my old home. I now live in something cheaper because i cant afford the other place anymore. Just abit freaked out about the new home n stuff. It feels really weird without my hubby around but i guess its a new start. to put all the bad things behind. Anyhow see u guys in the chat tomorrow.