Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts
Default Visitation

Last spring a friend's son got himself caught one a DUI, he got 24 months, but because he has been so well liked by inmates and co's alike he has been kept at a local jail. Yes, it amazes me too.

He and I are pretty close, so right after his arrest, I said, oh, what the heck, I'll try to see him. Believe me was I shocked when I walked in, showed them my retired military ID, and was allowed to see him. No questions asked!

They had no vistations lists, etc., it was pretty amazing, just walk in, show a piece of ID and go see him.

Oh, yes, I was aware of the risks to me, pretty dumb on my part actually, but he is a good kid, at heart, and I think he is worth it.

I saw him again, at least, three times. Then the place started getting to me. I remembered being on the other side of the glass, talking to him, and his parents, I could not handle it any more so I quit going.

He wants me to come again before my next hearings, says he really is missing me. I have not been able to make myself do it! I want too, but, I can't handle the place.

I talk to him on the phone quite abit, but I just cannot handle going back into that jail.

I've tried to explain, but he just does not seem to understand.

Just rambling, not asking anything in particular.

Patti

Last edited by FriscoLady; 07-12-2003 at 02:20 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

A note, this all happened after my arrest and before my conviction. Though I want to go, I would not risk myself now, even if I could handle being in a jail, even on the visitor's side of the glass! Too much to lose!

As I said, just rambling. I guess I miss seeing him around the neighborhood.

Patti

Last edited by FriscoLady; 07-12-2003 at 02:34 PM..
Old 07-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Banned

Awww Patti! You have such a loving and caring heart! I fully understand you not going cuz of risk factors. I hope this young man will be able to understand this in time~
Old 07-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thank you, Becky, I hope he understands someday, too.

I know how he feels, that a friend has abandoned him, but in reality, I haven't. It is just so easy to feel that way in there, to as a friend said get into a "Pity Party for yourself" and feel abandoned.

Sorry, I am stating the obvious here, maybe I am getting into a pity party tonight for myself.

Not Good, think I will go look at the beach for awhile.

Again, Thank you, Becky, I saw your counter almost!

Patti

Last edited by FriscoLady; 07-12-2003 at 04:14 PM..
Old 07-12-2003, 04:21 PM
Banned

I think as long as he gets the calls with you still and letters he won't feel abandoned.

And hey we all can have those days that we just feel like in such a funk that no one or nothing can help... but thats okay. We all can't be happy go lucky 24/7 ya know. I have my days too... and yes even with Travis so close to being home now I still get into a funk. Just take it easy, try and unwind and things will get back to normal soon! (((HUGS)))~