Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-17-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Thought I'd share my first visit.

This past weekend was the first time I was able to touch my husband since June 22, 2004. We had not seen him since Feb 19, 2005. He was transferred to SRCI in March. It took that long to get our children approved for visiting. It was great! The kids loved it, I loved seeing and touching him and talking with him for more than 15 minutes. The CO's left us alone, they didn't bother us once. The only bad part was not being able to take him home with us. We visited twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday. We were so engrossed in our own world that sometimes it felt like there was no one else around.

The only bad part about the whole trip was; a girl driving right behind us on our way home got into an accident. Her car would not start. Luckily I noticed her in my rear-view mirror. I recognized her from the people that were visiting and I even happen to live within 10 miles of her. I stayed with her the whole time and we got home around 2 am. Can you believe the state patrol issued her a $250 ticket for failure to stay in own lane!

Thought I'd share my experience. Anyone else have a similar or anything interesting happen while they were visiting?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prici
We were so engrossed in our own world that sometimes it felt like there was no one else around.
Fellah and I used to do the same thing, and then get startled when a guard would come and talk to us!! It is good that you can concentrate that much and just put the rest of the world away!!

God, I miss that!! I like having Fellah home, but we don't concentrate that deeply with each other anymore...........

I can't believe the other lady got into an accident and then got a ticket. That is just not right!

JJT
Old 05-17-2005, 06:28 PM

I am glad you enjoyed the visit and I hope you and the kids get to visit again soon!!!

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Hearts really do fly...

Talking

That's AWESOME, Prici...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Boss

Thanks for sharing. I think they have a better crew in the visiting room these days. I bet the kids got full of junk food. Did you stay at the Motel 6? I've found them to be the cheapest and clean. When do you get to go again? I was going to go over Memorial Day, but now I am buying a house and need to stay home, work and save money. I might make the splurge if I get too lonely. If you ever have time, you should take your kids to the water park in Boise, it's enormous and looks like so much fun, my daughter and I are finally going there when we visit in July.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:18 PM

They did pretty good on the junk food, I made sure they are before we visited, but they still had some. We are going back the first weekend in June for his birthday. We did stay at the Motel6 2 nights for about $70, couldn't find anything cheaper on the internet.

Thanks for the advice on the park, my 12 year old neice wants to go with us, we still haven't gotten her approved, but I think we would all enjoy it. Maybe one of these days, we'll see each other. Good luck with the house buying, it's cheaper than renting.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm glad you had a good time.I haven't seen my baby since January and June before that,So I know the feeling of not being able to have that one on one time.I'm happy all went well and that you were able to be in your own lil world.I get that feeling too-It's great! But unfortunatly for US the CO's DO bother us..I can't tell you why..Hmm.
Well i pray you get to see him again REAL soon.Take care and God bless!!

Jesus says- "I will never leave you nor forsake you"

Old 05-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

That's great you had a good first visit - makes all the difference sometimes! JJT: I noticed your comment about you and Fellah not concentrating that much on each other now that he's home. I can see how that would happen. You guys need to schedule a date and lock yourselves in a small room with no TV, etc., and a rule about no touching and then set a timer for an hour and CONNECT!! lol! I've had friends say to me that they wish their husbands would talk with them and listen to them as much as mine does during the visits. The distractions of life on the outside can sometimes interfere with a good marriage! On the other hand, I'd sure like to try out some of those distractions before too long. LOL! Zelda