Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Angry Ohio Prepaid To My Ohio Cell Phone Already Giving Me A Headache!!!!

I got my Ohio cell phone today and set it up for a local #740 for him. Called mci with a few questions and they tell me that I should call my cell phone company and have them lift the "collect call block" or "call restriction"( n was told by MCI they have to do this or basically im screwed and NO OTHER WAY AROUND THIS he even asked me who I went thru and i told him and he said "yea they will do it for u") so okay no biggie. I did that but my cell co said "we don't support collect calls" im thinking OOOOHHH NOOOOO did I waste my money getting this phone and all that cause according to MCI I have to be able to accept collect calls in order for a prepaid account. So at this point im upset calling back mci and talking to another lady that told me that all he has to do is make an attempt to my phone and even if I can't recieve collect calls they will be able to see that he's tried and that I would have to fax info showing the #, a name, and an address(what I knew I was gonna have to do anyways) and then to wait 24-48 hours and I can call back in and indeed set up the prepaid account. I went round and round with the lady and had her repeat all that at least 3 times because I want to be sure that infact this will work.

Seems like each dang time you call MCI(prepaid) you get told something different each time and it was frustrating the crap out of me.

I hope mine calls soon. I have 1 call left and I need this to work as I don't want to spend anymore $ with my other prepaid mci account/pco hence why Im hoping this works. I will have him call my # and then do what mci told me to do which is call them back give them the # and see if he's attempted to call and hopefully get the ball rolling.

I didn't know something that made me so excited and made me look forward to was gonna be so dang frustrating but there again I have to member who Im dealing with.....good ole' MCI!!!!

Bella

Last edited by His_shortie; 07-03-2007 at 06:07 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
God is Good ALL the Time

bella hunnie, that's the whole premise of prepaid is that you can get calls to your cell phone that doesn't normally accept collect calls. have the faith; i'm thinking it will work. i don't have a cell phone, but i'm told of several people who do get prepaid calls on their cells. vent as you need to ... but i have faith it will work out for ya !!!

luv ya

God Bless You !!!

pam
i reach for you and find my heart"

OVERTURN THE WRONGFUL CONVICTIONS OF THE LUCASVILLE UPRISING !!!!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Yes, Bella each MCI Rep has a different story...So all you need to confirm is that there's no blocks initiated by your cell company... Confirm that your cell number has been approved and you have money on your prepaid account... Has MCI confirmed your cell phone number by calling you and having you press some keys? Has your Man already added your cell number to his list of calls? MCI is definitely a PAIN in you know where BUT it'll be well worth it ONCE the clinks are worked out...Trust me, it's something on MCI's part, they're usually at fault for dropping the ball! Don't get discouraged... the cell is well worth the trouble I went thru the same drama

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
KateJunior

Hey Bella - Keep your head up girl. I know MCI aggravating and I'm saying a prayer for you! Maybe what we should be praying for is MCI to get it's act together AND to try and remember that inmates and their loved ones are human beings! LOL Kate
Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 PM
He is Home!!!!!

Hey Bella, I hope that your day starts getting better. Everything that the second lady told you is all you should have to do. It is all that I had to do with my prepaid account to my cell phone. I hope that you get it all taken care of soon so that you can start getting calls from your hunny! Keep your chin up girl! It will get better soon!

Michelle

My Baby is Home!!!!! WooHoo!!!

Old 07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
JLC & RDC 4-ever

Bella, so sorry to hear that! But everything should be cleared up once he calls you to add you to the "approved phone list" and then you can go forth with MCI...I've been blessed, haven't had any problems yet...hope this works out for you, I know the anticipation can be a killer!
"He's my superstar and I'm his #1 fan"
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

He called today and i FINALLY got the automated thingy for him to add me to his phone list. I have been sooooo waiting on him to do that since I know that gets the ball rolling. I have already went to the store and faxed in the verification to MCI since they told me to go ahead and do that. So hopefully by Tuesday we will be all good and ready to set up prepaid. I know this has been making me down right impatient but I think more so I want it all to go right cause I know that Thursday I am leaving to go out there for 4 days and I will want him to be able to blow me up over and over even tho I will see him on the 14th. Its important to me. His brother is being released from prison on the 13th and I want them to be able to talk to each other since its been 2 years! Not only that but I will be able to run around with his brother and meet the rest of the family that I have yet to meet!!

Bella