Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > Hepatitis C
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hepatitis C Living with it, inside prison and out in the world.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Healing Hep C on the inside

Hello,
Well I am back with a lil more to share with u all. I want to say that if anyone truly wants to cure themselves they can, just believe that u can! If you are in the inside, I know that you are limited. But there are some things that you can do to start healing your liver. Also, bear in mind, that for some people it is too late no matter what they do. Sometimes it is like that. Their organs are too far gone or they were born with weak liver.

ANyways, on the inside just know that you only need to eat to stay alive. You should try and eat everything that is green, raw or healthy. Of course all juices. Don't drink no koolaid. the dye will hurt your liver more. Just drink water and herbal teas. Most yards have grass and some have fields. Anywhere that grass grows there are dandelions. Look for those and try to pull out the root to brew a strong tea. Also if you can, bring the green leaves with you. You can either eat them or make a tea out of them also. Just clean everything good with water. Make sure there are no pesticides on the dandelions. Find out from the inmates that work the yard crew if they use pesticides on the area where you will look for the dandelions. Another herb that grows in shrubs in many prisons is rosemary, it has lil purple flowers. This can be used as an astrigent tea to help clean out your body. ANother herb that grows in a yard is spearmint. This is a mild tea that has good qualities for a daily tea to drink. IT will calm you down same like chamomile lil yellow flowers. Some yards have it. Why drink something to calm you. Because the stress of prison life does not help the healing process. So part of healing needs to be de-stressing yourself. I know that is hard in prison. I been there. But the tea will help. Also, work out to relieve stress. Even just walking. Or something. If you don't know what these look like. Have someone send you the pictures out of a book xeroxed. Or look in the library for a herb book. Do yoga(wheelbarrow position) Don't eat candy or coffee.

Now if you are outside, there is a whole world of possibilities. Please go to a health food store and buy either the herbal pills or the tea for strengthening your liver. Also, Sam-e will help the process. But it is expensive. Right now I am exploring more stuff like stimulating my chi. I think it is good. But I want to know more because it may help other people on the inside more. A book about acupressure and or chi would be helpful to a prisoner on the inside. They could do the exercises and or the pressure points to help heal their liver. Well gotta go now...later for now.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2005, 06:51 PM

As always thank you for your input! It is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:33 PM
samuriprincess

Thank you, your info is so useful!
Susan