Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 06-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,417 Posts

Hey there, welcome to PTO.

First, member's have 30 minutes to edit their posts. After that, it's no different than carving in stone.

Then, when the prisoners are being moved from one region to the other, that's how they jump...from reception center to reception center. I don't know that I've heard of West Reception Center. I think you mean RMC West Unit. He may stay there or go on to another facility, it's any body's guess. They seem to send them when ever and where ever for giggles seemingly to us sometimes.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Default Partner moved here

My partner was saying his shoulder was hurting him andhe also has diabetes. After about 7 weeks in nwfrc annex, and only 1 week after his phone list was approved, he's been moved to rmc. I'm just wondering if this is usually a move for medical reasons or would they have possibly just moved him for other reasons? Is there an email address for me to contact the facility with questions? Anyone have current info on how things work there, do people get moved to a permanent place quickly or stay here for a while? Any info appreciated. I'm new to this site as of right now and new to prisons in general.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Trying to breathe

Welcome to PTO, most of your questions are answered on the first post of this thread but someone with even more knowledge should pop in soon. Im sorry youre going thru these worries
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrisonclark View Post
My partner was saying his shoulder was hurting him andhe also has diabetes. After about 7 weeks in nwfrc annex, and only 1 week after his phone list was approved, he's been moved to rmc. I'm just wondering if this is usually a move for medical reasons or would they have possibly just moved him for other reasons? Is there an email address for me to contact the facility with questions? Anyone have current info on how things work there, do people get moved to a permanent place quickly or stay here for a while? Any info appreciated. I'm new to this site as of right now and new to prisons in general.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrisonclark View Post
My husband got moved to RMC from NWRC a little over a month ago and he has no medical issues but they are making him a Permanent there. He started off in the main unit and a week ago got moved to the West unit. Many times this is just a stopping point for many inmates. However, contact the classification department and they will tell you if he is a transit or permanent there.
The Following User Says Thank You to ash0513 For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 05:47 PM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

my boyfriend is currently in RMC-west unit, he is worried about submitting our visitation paperwork because he is worried that they will transfer him, how do I go about finding out if he is going to be there during the remainder of his incarceration or if they will be moving him yet again? also, I sent him my cell bill to show that its a contract not prepaid and after a week he still cant call me, how long does it take for them to approve it and how will we know if they accept or reject it? sorry so many questions, this is all new to both of us
Old 10-01-2018, 08:08 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsQueen View Post
my boyfriend is currently in RMC-west unit, he is worried about submitting our visitation paperwork because he is worried that they will transfer him, how do I go about finding out if he is going to be there during the remainder of his incarceration or if they will be moving him yet again? also, I sent him my cell bill to show that its a contract not prepaid and after a week he still cant call me, how long does it take for them to approve it and how will we know if they accept or reject it? sorry so many questions, this is all new to both of us
Visit forms makes no difference in whether he is going to be a permanent or be transferred and he will get a notice of approvals to either that or the phone list.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 10-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsQueen View Post
It took us about two weeks to get the phone approved. I send in my visitation forms while he was in reception and then again when he got to his new place....and I sent them directly to Classifications. Oh, and the State of FL takes their own sweet time to do things....we just have to wait (and I hate waiting on them) until they get around to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (10-02-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
It took us about two weeks to get the phone approved. I send in my visitation forms while he was in reception and then again when he got to his new place....and I sent them directly to Classifications. Oh, and the State of FL takes their own sweet time to do things....we just have to wait (and I hate waiting on them) until they get around to it.
Did you have to provide you ss#? No where on the application does it ask for it, so I sent my completed form, then got it returned back in the mail with a highlighted note that it was required, so I resent it with my ss# on the signature line. I got approved. Now, months later, my bf tells me that ss# isn't required! And they should never had asked for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ljasso For This Useful Post:
Sunnielg (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasso View Post
Did you have to provide you ss#? No where on the application does it ask for it, so I sent my completed form, then got it returned back in the mail with a highlighted note that it was required, so I resent it with my ss# on the signature line. I got approved. Now, months later, my bf tells me that ss# isn't required! And they should never had asked for it.
I honestly do not remember......No, I did not. (I kept a copy of it and went and looked) I did have to give my driver's license number. And, in FL we can now scan and email the visitation form too.

I wonder if you had to provide yours because of maybe more than one person with your name coming up? At least you got visitation approved!

Old 10-02-2018, 12:53 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjewel View Post
Visit forms makes no difference in whether he is going to be a permanent or be transferred and he will get a notice of approvals to either that or the phone list.
thank you for your response. they ended up handing him back my paperwork and telling him to just hold onto it until he gets to his main camp so that visitation forms don't get lost in the system there. and he finally got our calls approved late last week. thankfully!

one day closer

Old 10-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
I honestly do not remember......No, I did not. (I kept a copy of it and went and looked) I did have to give my driver's license number. And, in FL we can now scan and email the visitation form too.

I wonder if you had to provide yours because of maybe more than one person with your name coming up? At least you got visitation approved!
when I filled out mine there wasn't a line for SS#. only a drivers license number request. im glad it got approved for yall tho!

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Sunnielg (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Hmm... I wonder if maybe because I'm out of state? I did provide my DL's info, but maybe not useful to them since it is not from Florida. Who knows. Just hope nobody steals my identity! Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ljasso For This Useful Post:
Sunnielg (10-02-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 AM

Hello I am new to this site and not even sure I am posting this right or in the right place.

My brother was just sent to R.M.C.- WEST UNIT in Lake Butler, FL ... what can anyone tell me about this place? :-/

Thank you in advance
Old 10-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM1133 View Post
Hello I am new to this site and not even sure I am posting this right or in the right place.

My brother was just sent to R.M.C.- WEST UNIT in Lake Butler, FL ... what can anyone tell me about this place? :-/

Thank you in advance
My boyfriend just left there last week. what would you like to know?

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-09-2018)