Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Question Info needed regarding release/GT/EOS

Hi everyone I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a nephew that has a tentative release date of Aug 28. His EOS is right around mid October. He will have some more gain time accrued so his release date will be sooner than Aug 28 from what he has told me. His CO has told me he will not be able to leave the state of Florida until his actual EOS date. He also said unless there is at least 90 days between when is released on parole and his EOS date he cannot qualify for a transfer of parole to another state. The issue I am having is that I live in Mississippi and he will be coming to live with me once released. His CO also told me my nephew CANNOT stay until his EOS if he has gain time and that he would have to do something to lose his gain time in order to just finish out his complete sentence.

So can anyone give me some advice on what the actual rules/regulations are concerning EOS and out of state transfer of parole. I am so scared that if he is sent to a halfway house or something for those couple of months he will do something stupid and end up back in prison. I am determined to make this his first and last time being incarcerated.

Thank you all for y'all time. Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,417 Posts

He should have been assigned to a Release Officer (last six months of sentence). Call the prison ask to speak to same.

Tell them the situation. There must be other situations like this and someone knows how to go about planning for the smoothest transition, to your house.

If you don’t get any satisfaction email the Warden and explain the issue and what the RO said. Give him three days to respond. If nothing, send that email to the Regional and see what s/he has to say.

And, let us know how you make out.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 09-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungirl228 View Post
Hi everyone I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a nephew that has a tentative release date of Aug 28. His EOS is right around mid October. He will have some more gain time accrued so his release date will be sooner than Aug 28 from what he has told me. His CO has told me he will not be able to leave the state of Florida until his actual EOS date. He also said unless there is at least 90 days between when is released on parole and his EOS date he cannot qualify for a transfer of parole to another state. The issue I am having is that I live in Mississippi and he will be coming to live with me once released. His CO also told me my nephew CANNOT stay until his EOS if he has gain time and that he would have to do something to lose his gain time in order to just finish out his complete sentence.

So can anyone give me some advice on what the actual rules/regulations are concerning EOS and out of state transfer of parole. I am so scared that if he is sent to a halfway house or something for those couple of months he will do something stupid and end up back in prison. I am determined to make this his first and last time being incarcerated.

Thank you all for y'all time. Have a great day!
Do you happen to have an update on this? My hubby was telling me of a situation very close to this today. Guy is being released, cant leave the state and has no where to go.....