Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
maxie

Default hi from Tampa

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My son is in Falkenburg Road, waiting to go to prison. This is his first time, so I don't know how the whole system works. I guess he'll go to CFRC or Lake Butler first. Anyone familiar with these places?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,536 Times in 3,575 Posts

Welcome to PTO! There are threads about CFRC, but not sure about how much info is posted about Lake Butler.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
maxie (06-15-2008)
Old 06-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Welcome to PTO!

The Following User Says Thank You to LeaAnn For This Useful Post:
maxie (06-15-2008)
Old 06-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Hello and welcome to PTO and the FL forum!

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that crushed it!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosibaker50 For This Useful Post:
maxie (06-17-2008)
Old 06-16-2008, 09:18 PM

Welcome! as a mom and first time going through this myself I know how you feel, this is a great support system, Im not sure about those facilities, but once he goes to the reception center, he will be transferred to the facility where he will do his time, they are usually ther for 2 to 4 weeks, mys on was transferred out in 3 weeks, and it's tough because sometimes they are not able to call, My son had an inmate call me to let me know he was ok..ask all the questions, you want cause there is always someone with an answer. take care and be strong.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:11 AM
maxie

Thanks, TOROSE. It has been one week since he got his sentence, so I guess he'll be moved any day now. Take care!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 AM

My boyfriend is at the Lake Butler WC. It really is not that bad of a place. I wish he was closer cause the drive is killing me.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Welcome to PTO.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Thanks, TOROSE. It has been one week since he got his sentence, so I guess he'll be moved any day now. Take care!
Im sorry I meant to say that my son had another inmates wife call me to tell me he was o.k, for some reason this guys, wife had already had her phone service hooked up with DOC, so he was able to make calls to her.
I hope and pray that you will hear from him soon, I know that desperate feeling that just doesn't go away, until you hear his voice. Please, do keep us informed.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Donation Award 

Hi Maxie, Welcome to PTO! My son was in CFRC he was there about 4 weeks. Luckily he to had a friend from county's wife call me also to tell me he was doing fine. I know the mind can play all kinds of tricks on you when you don't hear from them just remember he will not be able to call you right away. Sign yourself up with www.vinelink.com so you will be notified when he is moved. If you ever need to vent you can pm me. I know this has been my first experience with the prison system so PTO was a godsend to me and thankfully there were a few people here that really helped me make it thru.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pantasia For This Useful Post:
maxie (06-18-2008)
Old 06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
HE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
Donation Award 

Welcome to the PTO. Glad that you found us!

The Following User Says Thank You to FAITHHOPELOVE For This Useful Post:
maxie (06-19-2008)
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 PM
maxie

Thanks, everyone, for all your replies. How does the phone thing work? Do I have to wait for him to send me a form and then send it back? Can I send money at any time after he leaves county and goes to prison?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,536 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxie View Post
Thanks, everyone, for all your replies. How does the phone thing work? Do I have to wait for him to send me a form and then send it back? Can I send money at any time after he leaves county and goes to prison?
As long as you have a landline he will be able to turn in it on his phone list. The time frame varies on how long it takes for them to actually approve the list and him to be able to call you. If you have caller ID, it should show up as an 800 number so make sure you answer those calls and don't think they are telemarketers. Go ahead and call CBS to make sure your phone company allows direct billing to your local phone bill unless you want to setup a prepaid account. If you are in FL, prepaid is cheaper. 1-800-844-6591 is the number to CBS. Be prepared to hold for a while unless you call late at night.

Once you get his DC# you can send him money at any time. There are 3 ways to send money: Jpay, Western Union and mailing a money order to Inmate Trust Fund in Tallahassee. The first 2 charge a fee and the last one will cost you the price of a stamp plus a small fee admin fee by Tally but by far the least expensive of the 3. Jpay and Western Union are same day as long you get the money sent by a certain time. I am not familiar with how to send money by western union, but to use Jpay go to www.jpay.com and their website will instruct you. The phone number to Inmate Trust Fund is 1-866-209-7250. You will need deposit slips to send money this way so you can go ahead and call now to request them so you will have them on hand when needed. Mailing the money usually takes no longer than 2 days unless it's a holiday or weekend.

Until your son can call you, the best thing to do is mail him stamps, envelopes and paper. Only 10 sheets of paper, 10 envelopes and 1 sheet of stamps are allowed to be sent in 1 envelope from you at a time. They are only allowed to have so many stamps at a time, though, but I don't recall how many. At least this way he can write to you until he can call. And your mail may take awhile to get to him at first. The reception centers are not timely in distributing mail.

I hope I have answered your questions. If you have more, feel free to ask.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 09:04 AM
maxie

Thanks so much. That answered alot of my questions.