Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:18 PM

Default ShannonElaine - Kansas City

Hi. Obviously I'm new. I found this site through Google when I was trying to find out when TT inmates get mail and call times. My inmate called day before yesterday but I missed it and he hasn't called back yet.

He was arrested September 2nd and moved to TT on the 13th. I started sending letters as soon as I knew where to send them and I bought him phone time and sent commissary money. My first letter to him was returned because the card had glitter. I didn't know about that rule. When I called they also told me to put my name on every part of the card because the inmates sell them to each other. That's a new one for me.

The call I missed was (of course) the first one. So I assume he only recently got any of my letters. I don't know when they get their mail or how often. I don't know about phone times either. I am pretty lost here. And I am so bummed that I missed the call and he hasn't called again.

I live in Kansas City. I have two grown children. Girl and a boy, just 13 months and one week apart. I miss them being little. I think I worry about them more now.

I live with my ex husband (separate rooms) which I know is weird. It's very complicated and sometimes very frustrating. But for now, it is what it is.

I love to read and I have several pets that keep me busy. I also collect and make reborn dolls. Please don't say they're creepy. That's just rude. Hours and hours of time go into making them.

I have been sending one card with a letter enclosed and just a letter twice a week. I have trouble thinking of what to write about because I don't want to rub my friend's nose in the fact that he is in there and can't see or hear any of the stuff that I do. I know he's getting visitors (I think only one) and they are not good for him and part of the reason he ended up there. I am praying that this experience makes him see where his life has been vs where he wants it to be. He's sober and clear headed so I hope it sinks in.

Anyway, that's really all there is about me. I am totally unfamiliar with the CA prison system so I am trying to learn my way around and get all of the info I can.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 PM

welcome to PTO
Old 10-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buglife View Post
welcome to PTO

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2017, 07:56 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,840 Times in 14,080 Posts

Welcome ShannonElaine

chuckling at the reborn dolls comment. I have caught myself thinking that at times (creepy) but I DO understand and appreciate the work that goes into making them.

I used to do alot of different craft things. I sort of stopped after my hubs incarceration.
I should get back to it. It was good therapy and fun too.

anyway....welcome to PTO

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-22-2017, 01:36 PM

Thanks! I actually found a Time Hop post the other day that was from three years ago and I said they were sort of creepy. Now I have 20 of them. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Welcome ShannonElaine

chuckling at the reborn dolls comment. I have caught myself thinking that at times (creepy) but I DO understand and appreciate the work that goes into making them.

I used to do alot of different craft things. I sort of stopped after my hubs incarceration.
I should get back to it. It was good therapy and fun too.

anyway....welcome to PTO
The Following User Says Thank You to ShannonElaine For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-23-2017)