Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New Jersey that do not fit into any other New Jersey sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:11 PM

Exclamation NJ State Flat sentence w/18 months jail credit. How long will I be in?

Hello I have a theft and forgery case still pending from early 2015. I am facing a 5 year flat sentence. I know early parole eligibility is 1y3d with max credits. My questions is regarding jail credit which I have just over 18 months! Unfortunately this is not my first rodeo. Having said that, I was on parole 2 times previous. I completed parole just fine. My record is nothing violent just stealing etc.
I am trying to figure out how much time I will do at the CRAF place. I’ve never been to NJ DOC yet. Do I even have to go to CRAF with all my jail credit I am going to be given when sentenced. 18 months is getting close to making out the 5 year flat sentence right?
I would like any assistance I may be able to get because I’m hoping to take a little bit of time off work for a “temporary leave.” Can they parole me immediatey on a fast track. This is really freaking me out and incant stop stressing. HELPPPPP😡😡😱😱😱😪😪😪
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2018, 06:05 AM

Well stop stressing yourself out!
No one here can truly give you an answer, just "for instances" because life is not like that.
This is not your first rodeo, you know how it rolls.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:19 AM

Thanked 2,905 Times in 1,784 Posts

I hope someone can answer your question but like you've said you have been through this before twice!!! Hope you can get help in prison to maybe not make it a fourth time. Good luck with everything
Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 PM

Hi,
Once your sentenced you'll probably be in CRAF for no longer than 1-2 weeks they have been moving people in and out of there really quick.. The only reason they would hold you there is if you do something out of pocket. 18 months in on a 5flat is good, by the time you get to prison they'll probably move you to the camps right away depending on your classification score.. They classify you at CRAF w/ a point system but once you get to prison they re-classify you to set your status (Minimum, medium, max). Once you get to the camps its smooth sailing, my GUESS is you'll be downstate for 3-6 months before hitting the assessment center on your way to the halfway house. Parole will probably see you fairly quick too at prison most likely in your first month for initial report, and the fact that you've completed it successfully before is a bonus.. You can OPT not to go to the halfway house and just wait to go home on parole if you want.. Also If you've never applied for ISP before you might want to give it a try if you're up for it, its a strict program but you get to be free at the end of the day and with a 5 flat sentence the ISP program would be a 18 month term (on the outside). Hope I helped a little bit.. don't stress yourself out too much. This situation is going to come and go just be strong and handle yours my friend, good luck.

Last edited by NJvsMe; 03-20-2018 at 12:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to NJvsMe For This Useful Post:
ParentsLove (04-08-2018)