Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to Florida. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM

Default Confined, no DR. still investigating

July 12. sent to confinement.
July 27. called classification. make a dr report or inmate is to be released.
July 30. called classification. no dr report but still has 5 additional days to do so.
Inmates last DR was just shy of a year.
aug 1. 5 additional days will be up, but now I find that inmates can be held another 30 days. Very seldom happens, state has to get involved.

my question. I have been told what I thought happened is wrong.
1,000 inmates in confinment
Who do I call at the prison to find out what is going on. No DR report, just investigating. The prison officer can just keep right on doing this?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 PM

Aug 1. talked to classification,some Sarg guy, tally and warden. so far no one knows why he is in confinment. Not even Tally? I find that hard to believe that they would not know that he is in confinment and for what..

Go up the chain of command, ok the Governor is on my call list for monday. Does Obama take calls directly? lol
Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 PM

Wow, that's crazy. I hope you get some answers soon.

Totally over this mess!!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 PM

hiya i just went through some real bs in a panhandle criminal house with my husband. at the criminal house the classification officer is the one to talk to ask to speak to HIS classification officer. be nice but firm and state what you want to know if he does not give you a reasonable response let him know you are worried and you are going to do what any loved one should do to get answers and that will be writing tallahassee and not just one letter you will write the regional director, the director, the secretary and everyone in between. tell him you will also be writing the attorney general, and your state representative (very important) and also warren davis who is the Governor's assistant. make good on this write to all of them, all their email address are easy to find on line if you can't find them let me know. we had a issue with visits being suspended and not only did we get the suspension overturned they have now sent out a notice that they are changing the florida administration code completely. the letters work but you must always be polite but firm also read the FAC 33's know the laws when you write. look up in the FAC 33s about the process for inmates in confinement (google it and you should see something). it is a horrible feeling not to know anything and feel helpless but this does work they will respond. when you phone they hang up the phone and it can be forgotten when it is in writing you will get more answers. it may take a few days but they will come first thing look at the law. if you have any questions let me know i will try to help. good luck. hang in there...Rules
Old 08-01-2012, 11:12 PM

i looked it up you need to look up florida administration code 33-602.220 it gives the information on inmates in confinement. that should help...Rules
Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Girl I just dealt with this last weekend... Sunday was husband was taken to the hole ... By Tuesday afternoon and me making poor NAN nuts lol the warden called me personally sayin he would release my husband ASAP... I called a lot of people to make it happen... Husband never Got a dr or nothing...
Old 09-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Sometimes I dont think we give the Wardens enough credit, they have a huge responsibily and here we come whine, whine. I have dealt with one slug for a Warden, and 2 Angels for Wardens. We all need to remember to pick our fights, and dont use the big shots for little things.

My son was in confinement for 23 days with no charges. "Its an investigation". The Warden said he would call me the following Monday but on Fri eve my son called.

Last edited by lin787; 09-01-2012 at 04:32 PM..