Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Hello,everyone my name is Teilsha and i have a question my fiance is in wilcox state prison and im trying to find out where i can get our marrige license from
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwards View Post
Hello,everyone my name is Teilsha and i have a question my fiance is in wilcox state prison and im trying to find out where i can get our marrige license from

Hi Teilsha,

Hope this helps you , this is the information on where you can get your marriage license

Wilcox County Probate Court
103 North Broad Street
Abbeville, GA 31001
(912) 467-2220
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / M - F
Closed for holidays Observed by Wilcox County Court

Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 AM
1Thessalonians 5:18

Does anybody know a pastor/minister in ga that will do prison marriages im in need of one ASAP!!!! Please inbox me r respond back thanks!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:00 AM

Angry Confused about this marriage process

IM so pissed!!!! Me && my husbandd have been trna marry for the longest and where hes at they dont give out marriage packets i was told to write the warden i wrote him in March...And had been waiting on a date....So now wen i call yester day the chaplin say they not doing marriages or marry them im like wth....But my husband was told that it had to be a certain amout of people who wanted to get married at once befor ethe judge or whom ever would marry im just like sooo confused because i was gonna go head and have our wedding bands this month to be on the safe side and put back some money for our license fee....I had also been looking for a minister whom would marry us. Im like omg so i dont know what to think...Any advice ladies????

Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Me and my hubby had to get married by proxy and it was really simple. We are having a big wedding when he gets out or that was the plan, now its been 4 years I dont care about the wedding anymore i just want him home! Good luck! It will all work out! where is you man at?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Keeper of My Heart

I'm really sorry to hear that. Wat a total let down knowing they are holding u guys back from marrying each other? I read from another thread about prisons in ur st8 that don't allow prison marriages. I can't say it's 4 sure cuz I never did n-e research or read up on it. I'm not sure wats going on or wat the rules r over there, but I'd call or ask around & c wat their deal is. They should @ least b able to clarify the info 4 u instead of em giving u ur hopes up than telling u something else. Good luck to u & I hope that u find ur way thru this confusion.

~][Love Can Remain Even After Death][~
Old 08-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwards View Post
I have a fiance at wilcox as well. I was directed to go to Dekalb county probate court and get the inmate package for marriage which is no cost. Than you have to send fill your part and send it to him to fill his part at the prison and send it back to you than you tale it back to Dekalb county probate court and apply for license. Im still trying to find out if we need our own pastor to marry us or do they have approved ones already that we can with. If you have any information on this please share.
Thanks
Lawyer Girl
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM

hey guys, my man is in dooly state in georgia and I was also tld to go to dekalb, we do hve to hve our own pastor,I'm new n georgia but, I found one who is willing to do it through sumone I work with,which was a blessing,I wouldn't hve knwn where to go,the chaplin at dooly is muslim so he cnt do our ceremony..that's crazy tho cus that means everyone who want to get married who isn't muslim would have to find their own pastor but, u do what u hve to do for love right?...
Old 08-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoore
I'm new to this Sao hello to everybody I'm tryna find out is there a way to get married to a inmate n Georgia?
yes there are, I'm going through it right now,mine is in dooley state and he had to get the package from da chain, sign, send it to me,get his notarized,I got mine notarized, send it bck, gt a pastor and a lisense, the pastor has to sign nd fill out paperwork, send it back and when all that is done,u choose two dates,they then have to be approved then that's it..its really a lot but,the hardest part is finding a county that will do the lisense,
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 AM

Default what does atlanta check on to approve a marriage?

I'm afraid to write this because I'm scared of the reactions I will get my fiance as a prisoner at smith state prison and is a convicted sex offender. I just had to fight to be put back on his visitation list because I am the parent of a minor child. I ask that you keep an open heart and open mind to my question, because not all books are like to cover. I am wanting to know what the DOC in Atlanta check for when they go to approve a marriage. I'm wanting to know if I should prepare for another battle to be with a man that I love. I'm wondering if it was like the initial processed on the approved me for his visitation where they just do a background check and make sure that he's not married and that I'm not married or if there going to be going more into detail. see the present never even asked about my son even though I kept him no secret since he has written him and talked to him even saw him in county it wasnt until 4 months after he had been there it became a problem and it tok 5 but I get it straightened out so if anyone can help me and let me know what the processes in atlanta and let me know if I'm in for another battle I would really greatly appreciate it. thank you very much and god bless you.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:14 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmcloon View Post
i am in the process too. waiting for him to send the papers back them we have to send it for approval and set a date!
Most places you should call and ask to speak with the chaplin and he will help u out. And tell you who to give the papers to for them to approve it and he will set the date. Just call and ask to speak with the chaplin. In Ga u sometimes send the papers to atlanta for approval from the head chaplin Woodrow Hudson. If u have any q's pm me and i will help the best i can! Marie
Marie how can I go about calling coastal state prison and asking for the chaplain there to see if the papers have been sent?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:09 AM

does anyone know wher I can get a marriage license from im in bibb coumty macon ga and he is in coastal state prison in savannah ga chatham county. This has been a greuling process trying to get someone to issue the license without him being there please i need all the help i can get.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Habersham county will do it!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 PM

Default Need helppppp

ok me and my fiance is in the process to get married i understand how to do it but i just need someone to tell me were i can a marriage liscence plzzzzzz its stressing me out bkuz im doing it and every court i call makes it seem like its a bad thing to get married in a prison and they have an attitude. plzzzz help amyone?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:15 AM

Decatur or habersham county

Sent from my Next7 tablet using PrisonTalk

Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM

Hey, I was wanting to know if anyone can help me. My LO is currently at Walker State Prison and him and I are wanting to get married. Can anyone help me on the steps I need to follow? Thank you
Old 07-24-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKayBabe
Hey, I was wanting to know if anyone can help me. My LO is currently at Walker State Prison and him and I are wanting to get married. Can anyone help me on the steps I need to follow? Thank you
You can go to Decatur or habersham county....but Decatur your going to have to make about 4 trips....he has to request a marriage packet from the chaplain and go from there.

Sent from my Next7 tablet using PrisonTalk

Old 07-28-2013, 09:24 AM

What is the process?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Counting the days...
Donation Award 

Post GEORGIA marriage Q&A thread

After searching, I found that there was no active GA marriage thread. My fiancee and I are in the midst of the process of being married at Calhoun State Prison...the chaplain says it will be in the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to start a new place for info for those seeking to get married in GA.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 AM

Great idea!! I married my husband in a federal prison in FCI Jesup, Ga so I am here with any answers for any questions
Old 05-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Counting the days...
Donation Award 

Congratulations on your anniversary MrsRodriquez13! My fiancee and I are getting married at Calhoun State Prison this week coming up. The process has been surprisingly smooth so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to frankiebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2015, 02:18 PM

I would love to hear all the details when you have time! My fiancee and I will also be married in GA if allowed. Congratulations!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Counting the days...
Donation Award 

nicasm Here's how the process went for us:
I went to Dekalb County Probate Court to get the "Inmate Packet" for applying for a marriage license. The lady that I spoke with there was very nice and explained everything to me in detail. I see you're in MS so it would be a bit of a drive to come and receive the packet as they will not mail or fax it to you. I mailed the packet to my fiancee so that he could complete his portion. As long as you follow the instructions to the T, there shouldn't be any issues. Note: both the form and the letter have to be notorized.
My fiancee was able to get the chaplain to produce the letter (all explained in the packet) pretty quickly and filled out his portion. Once he mailed it back to me I took it back to Dekalb County to pay for ($65) and receive the marriage license. I then sent a copy of the license to the chaplain. The chaplain took it from there, mailing a copy of the license to the state and getting our date scheduled.
We were married yesterday on my husband's birthday along with 4 other couples. It was a great day!

Old 05-28-2015, 02:06 AM

Heres how the federal process went: We both wrote letters of intent to his case manager. Once they were approved we had to wait for a date. Once the date came the counselor called and told me where to get my license (76.50) and the minister they use there ($100). Told me all about the process and what rings to get. Then all we had to do after I filled out for the marriage license was to wait until our day!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:30 AM

Thank you both for the information! I am finally approved for visitation at GA State & will see my love this weekend. So excited to pass these details along. Congratulations!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to nicasm For This Useful Post: